the only winner today is stock_trad3r

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dhpar, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dhpar

dhpar

eom

2. From the looks of it, he's the only winner here since June for christ sakes!!...Pretty funny stuff when you think about it. A website devoted to,um, cough,cough, "elite traders" and yet 99% are bearish and fighting the trend and the only guy who's got it right is hated..lol!..You just can't make this shit up I tell you.

3. when that guy dies, his last words 'll be:

"Ya'll watch this! Ya hear???"

old traders, bold traders,but. There is plenty left on the table for tomorrow.

4. did very well today indeed, :cool:

5. <i>"and yet 99% are bearish and fighting the trend and the only guy who's got it right is hated..lol!..You just can't make this shit up I tell you..."</i>

What makes you think everyone was shorting today? Did it occur to you that day traders were buying the dips (as charts clearly dictated) this afternoon?

6. empee

empee

so your saying the "trend" was up before today?

<I was in cash btw>

7. are you saying the only way to make money is to buy and hold? wow this place might as well be devoted to the stocks of the world. really sad, this used to be a decent place for traders to chat, now its a vast wasteland of yahoo type "traders". I made money today, last week, last month, last year, 5 years ago. I trade, a foreign term it seems to our resident genius. Remember, in order to make money on a trade, you have to close it out. good job stock, you almost single handedly turned this place to shit.

8. "What makes you think everyone was shorting today?"

Who said anything about that? I'm talking about the prevailing attitude, but since you brought it up...yeah, I bet a lot of the retards here shorted the intial pop then got their faces torn off. Thats the price one pays for having an opinion I suppose.

"so your saying the "trend" was up before today?"

I don't know which chart service you subscribe to but all my charts clearly show us in a Bull market over the bigger time frame , sideways for the last few months and up in the shortest time frame. Of course, I have no agenda or emotion regarding up or down so reading these things is probably easier for me than some others.

"are you saying the only way to make money is to buy and hold?"

Did I say that? No, I don't believe I did, did I? What I said was this stock trader guy has gotten right what most everyone else on this board has gotten wrong...the trend! You've belittled him, cursed him, you hated him, but the fact is he's up 18% since July and I'll bet the farm 90% or more of the people who've attacked him are not.

9. Dear Frank,

"now its a vast wasteland of yahoo type "traders"

tsk,tsk. There's no need to bash Yahoo posters by comparing them to the boys on this board. At least on Yahoo 75% are just messing with someone else. here they actually think they know something.

"I made money today, last week, last month, last year, 5 years ago."

Really? Gee, maybe we have something in common cause so have I. Congrats. Funny though, I've had such a great run that I'm on a message board filled with nitwits, sticking up for some clown i don't even know just because i'm so damn happy. How can you be so miserable and hate some guy for being right after doing so well youself? I don't get it.

10. I shorted right after the announcement and quickly lost a buck and a half, however, by the end of the day, I had made that back, several times over! Stock trader is just a buy and hold guy, and that's fine, but I seriously doubt he performs at the level of several of the real traders on here, who do this for a living, and who make money regardless of market direction.

#10     Sep 18, 2007