The Next Potential Silver Bullet for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ph1l, Jul 9, 2020.

1. ph1l

ph1l

Dr. Richard Bartlett | ACWT Interview 7.2.20
    https://www.cbs7.com/2020/07/08/west-texas-doctor-goes-viral-with-claim-of-covid-cure/
    West Texas doctor goes viral with claim of COVID “cure”

I can see several reasons why this won't fly.
    • Budesonide (Entocort) is inexpensive.
    • Budesonide is low-risk.
    • Budesonide is readily available as a generic drug made by several manufacturers.
    • Dr. Richard Bartlett, a family doctor practicing in Odessa, Texas, appears to be a Republican.

So many groups with a vested interest against this kind of good news about the COVID-19 virus such as the mainstream media, Big Pharma, and Democrats will try to kill it.:D

2. Overnight

Overnight

It's an asthma drug. WTF does that have to do with "curing" COVID? Oy!

3. ph1l

ph1l

upload_2020-7-9_23-10-17.png

https://www.cbs7.com/2020/06/19/west-texas-doctor-claims-to-have-silver-bullet-for-covid-19/
    “The treatment plan is inhaled, generic budesonide,” Bartlett said. “Using some generic antibiotics to protect from a secondary bacterial infection. Using zinc, which interferes with virus replication. It’s common sense. It’s intuitive.”

Budesonide is a steroid, that can be inhaled directly to the lungs using a nebulizer.

The drug has been used for decades to treat asthma and is approved by the FDA. However using it to treat COVID-19 is not.

“I am not aware of any doctors anywhere that are using this specifically for COVID-19, yet,” Bartlett said.

Bartlett said he treats people as soon as they show symptoms.

“Early treatment is better with this disease,” he said. “And I’m having a 100% survival rate. I don’t even know how many I’ve treated...dozens. I have 14 that I’m treating right now.”

Bartlett said that patients tell him they feel immediate relief.

4. Overnight

Overnight

Zinc! Great for virii! And isn't it ironic that one of the "side-effects" of COVID infection is a loss of smell?

"On June 16, 2009, the FDA advised consumers to discontinue use of three nasally administered versions of Zicam Cold Remedy—Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Gel, Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs, and Zicam Cold Remedy Swabs, Kids Size (a discontinued product)—because the FDA had associated a serious risk of anosmia with them. The advisory did not implicate other Zicam products. The FDA indicated that it had received reports of a loss of smell from approximately 130 Zicam Cold Remedy users since 1999. The FDA voiced concern that the loss of smell may be long-lasting or permanent, while the condition for which these Zicam products are marketed—the common cold—typically resolves on its own without lasting problems. The manufacturer stated that it had received an additional 800 reports of a loss of smell, but did not turn those over to the FDA as they did not feel they were required to do so. The FDA disagreed, and requested copies of any reports that had associated anosmia with intranasal Zicam Cold Remedy.

The FDA also issued a
    Warning Letter to Matrixx, stating that the products cannot be marketed without FDA approval. The company initially refused to recall the products but later said that they would withdraw the products from sale and that, "based on the FDA’s recommendation, consumers should discard any unused product or contact Zicam ... to request a refund."...On June 24, 2009, Matrixx recalled all affected products. The company maintained that most cases of anosmia are due to the common cold itself, and that complaints of anosmia among Zicam Cold Remedy users are unlikely to be more numerous than those expected among the general population. In contrast, the FDA had reported that cases of anosmia associated with intranasal Zicam Cold Remedy products were in excess of those seen with other nasal remedies for the common cold, and that cases associated with intranasal zinc presented more rapidly, and with different symptoms, than did unrelated cases."

Wake up white people.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Interesting story, couple of questions:

1. Why haven't we heard about this let's say by early May if he has been using it since March?
    2. He didn't say how many patients he treated. There is a difference between 25 and 525.
    3. He keeps bringing up Taiwan and Japan, they had nothing to do with his treatment or the story.
    4. Why is he against social distancing?
    5. Why God only helped him to find the cure?

I missed a part when I went to get my coffee but:

6. Why is he an anti-masker? And why is he bringing up Italy in his argument???

He should give back his high school diploma just based on his debating skills.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020

6. Yeah always be skeptical of one doctor who claims to have the cure for a virus that has no cure really..

No cure for the flu or common cold or corona like there was for Polio because coronas and fllus constantly change and mutate which is why we have NOVEL in the name.

Zinc helps the immune system, it is not a cure for a virus. If the FDA has not approved it for Corona then I doubt he treated more than a handful of patients.

Also, how did he know that without the Zinc in the drug they would have been fine anyway since many people just get sick for a week or two and simply stay home taking cold medication for the symptoms.

7. ph1l

ph1l

Another doctor's opinion: