The Next Cool Display Screen FAD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hunter2020, Mar 7, 2023.

1. There are lots of curved 34 inch panels floating around on the market by different manufacturers. BUT the coolest new thing seems to be curved 23.8 FHD displays. I have one and thinks it's great!

Probably the newest cool FAD 29 inch curved 21:9 display! Most movies and TV shows I watch seem to be in the 21:9 format with wasteful black bars at the top and bottom of my 16:9 display. Too bad the current 21:9 displays are plagued by the same issues as curved 34 inch displays: BAD ghosting, hurting eyes trying to focus on the picture, etc.

I really hope 29-inchers mature with more players producing better screens.

Anyone looking for 23.8 or 27 inch basic monitors, you might want to hold your purchase... A 29 inch 21:9 (small increase by 2 inches over 27) has 15-20% bigger movie picture!

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

No link or video? Why is the curved better?

3. maxinger

maxinger

You are having severe mental stress.

First u
    Talk about tiny 17 inch monitor.

Now you talk about big 34 inch monitor.

Do take time off.

4. M.W.

M.W.

For poor folk who can't afford a dedicated tv screen? Or the adult millennials who don't have more space in mom's basement.

5. LoL. Are u trollingme? 17+ inch is ideal for laptops and portables. Most of the time you have your eyesglued to the screen up close. 29 inches (not 34 as u mentioned becoz obviously didn't read my post) is optimal for monitors that r usually placed farther from your eyes on the desk...

6. Poor folks my arse. Who has enuf desk space for a TV and computer monitor ? The smart thing combine them both. TVs were never meant to as act information displayers nor for office work. Their subpixels are made differently so make for very bad monitors.

7. M.W.

M.W.

Have fun watching movies or tv shows on your 17 inch screen. If that suits you then all the power to you.