The next BIG bubble?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pinetboltz, Feb 26, 2019.

1. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

so after the frothiness in biotechs, inverse vol plays, palladium, bitcoin in recent years, where do you think the next big bubble is going to be?

i was reading another biography of livermore recently after having gone through reminiscences earlier, and it seemed like he was able to parlay a small sum into a big fortune multiple times by loading up on the hottest/strongest momo stocks of the day. after retracing his major victories it felt like his skill was not just in trading the in and outs of a particular mkt of itself, but also in choosing the right mkt to be in at the most opportune time where a rising tide lifts all boats, then moving in with all the buying power he had instead of diluting good opportunities with the average

if you've already bought in on the next bubble, let the rest of us know so we can spread the word & push the mkt in your favor, lol. after all it takes widespread combined partcipation to really get the momo going

themickey likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

Im registered domains for hyperloop systems, cortex clynics, and mars vacations, also VR... :D

Years later , i find it to be too ,,far away" , so most of them are expired this year.

so much of my first ,,investments".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    VPhantom and pinetboltz like this.
  3. Did you read about his bankruptcies ? He had a few and what did him in. I find making money is somewhat simpler than hanging onto it in the long run ...

ironchef and dealmaker like this.
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Who? Drumpf?

:D

5. Read thread dumb pluck !

gkishot likes this.
  6. Social networks

pinetboltz and Gotcha like this.
  7. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

yeah, but at least he made it multiple times in the first place

and by all accounts his family was left with a trust of like $5m of today's dollars, which is nothing to sneeze at

at his peak he had $10 bln in today's dollars, which is an incredible feat for a guy who ran away at age 13-14 and started off with no connections/credentials whatsoever in boston and new york

Nobert and gkishot like this.
  8. Still a couple of billion dollars richer than you though. Not to mention he is the President now.

gkishot likes this.
  9. It would be interesting to look at how he lost ...

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

It was a jooooke.

Same as our President.

#10     Feb 27, 2019