The New York Giant Are Going to Kick The Patriots' Asses!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Arnie

Arnie

#21     Feb 3, 2008
  2. First I cannot believe some of you guys were posting here during the game lol, you had this on while watching?

Belichek already ran into the field to congratulate Coughlin and hugged him in center field. Everyone though the game was over so he started off the field after that but there was actually one second left. What else did Beli need to do, run back out there and congratulate Coughlin a second time? All losing coaches leave the field after congratulating the winning coach.

But I was rooting for the Giants so I do not care lol.

And what the !@@#$ does Congress have to do with the NFL. It is a private organization and how the Commissioner handles some videotaping affair has nothing to do with any Senator or Congress. With all the problems in this country, the fact that any Congressman is asking the Commissioner to explain how he handled a private matter is embarassing. Will Congress call in Steve Jobs and ask him how he fired a VP who violated company policy? Congressional Hearings are such wastes of time don't you think?

#22     Feb 4, 2008
  3. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

I wouldn't call this win lucky. Sure there were some sick plays and a few unbelievable catches. But all that evens out, like the defender that slipped and left randy moss wide open. This was the lowest scoring game for the pats this season. That's not luck. Congrats to the giants defense. Their front 4 did one hell of a job. Strahan should be a hall of famer. What a great superbowl.

#23     Feb 4, 2008
  4. the GIANTS just made history you putz :D

#24     Feb 4, 2008
  5. That was one of the best Super Bowls ever.

Manning getting out of what looked to be a sack, throwing it, and Tyree's phenomenal catch to save the drive which won the game is one of the greatest Super Bowl plays of all time.

Good grief - who would have thought that Eli would have won a Super Bowl in half the time it took Payton?!? That kid took a shitload of criticism these past few years, including this one, and yet he persevered and has accomplished this.

As a lifelong Dolphins fan, I must say I am feeling quite chipper this evening. :)

#25     Feb 4, 2008
  6. Getting nice and fat here eating some humble pie! :(

Pats got absolutely owned in the one part of the game I thought they would dominate, the offensive line. Congrats to Giants.

#26     Feb 4, 2008
  7. nitro

nitro

I agree, that was a play for the history books.

The Patriots look like a machine, totally emotionless, tired, flat. The Giants had a burning desire in their hearts that is a spectacle to see in any sport. When you can't stand to lose, winning is the only option. On paper, the Patriots were the class. But the Giants showed up as scissors and not rock.

This was Rocky Balboa against the Russian fighter.

nitro

#27     Feb 4, 2008
  8. hcour

hcour Guest

Well said, nitro. The Giants really had heart in the best sports tradition. And has been said, their defensive line was indeed the star of the game.

I think that lack of passion by the Pats showed itself in the arrogant decision to go on 4th down (and long, wasn't it?) way too early in the game instead of taking the sure 3 points.

H

#28     Feb 4, 2008
  9. well said nitro?

i can't even figure out WTF he' saying? :D

both teams wanted it real bad, let's get real.

the win turned on:

1) Giant's "D" pressuring Brady to get rid of it quick

2) Giant's receivers making awesome plays/catches, staying in bounds, etc

3) Eli's playing a little over his head.

that's how i see the high points :D

GO GIANTS! FU PATS! :D

#29     Feb 5, 2008
  10. Yeah, the Giants had to play an almost-perfect game to win.

And they did.

Still, it took an unbelievable drive in the last two minutes plus to do it. I freely admit I thought the game was over when Randy Moss caught that TD pass.

If it were Peyton in there instead of Eli, I remember thinking, the Giants may have a chance.

Eli proved me wrong.

He proved a LOT of people wrong.

I still don't understand why Bellicheck went for it on 4th and 13 when the field goal try would have been in range of his kicker....

#30     Feb 5, 2008