The month that went nowhere...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Overnight, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

NQstuck.png

The power of threat after threat.

murray t turtle and tommcginnis like this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I dunno! Seems like a rather scenic ride.
    Good Training -- 7 weeks away!

[​IMG]

ET180, beginner66 and murray t turtle like this.
  3. KeLo

KeLo

The Treasury yield trade was huge this month, and since last October.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    dennis86 likes this.
  4. trader99

trader99

Actually, Aug was my best month YTD so far. It has nothing to do with the summer. I just became a better trader than I was earlier in the year. Hopefully, September will be even better once volatility picks up again and now that I'm a better trader.

Looking back at my trades and old charts, there's ALWAYS ALWAYS opportunities to make money. But I'm either:

1) too slow and and missed the trade(used limit instead of market order)
    2) too scared and didn't enter and missed out on a great move
    3) weren't paying attention to the big movers
    4) Were in stupid losing trades that distracted me from other better opportunities

I take full responsibility of that. Will work on improving on it everyday

5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Why don’t you automate?

6. %% Congrats.
    A good rule/battle tested plan overrules #1,#3.WHAT?? Dont quibble over a quarter + miss the move-IBD founder:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

vanzandt and trader99 like this.
  7. trader99

trader99

I feel like it will take a long time to automate??? I know there's Quantopian and Quantconnect. But you gotta learn their API. Or there's paid solutions like Ninjatrader. I wonder how long would it take to program up my edge. It's a very clear edge.

I would stop second guessing myself and trade more instruments. That means I can scale this up quite a bit.

8. trader99

trader99

thanks! I missed on a couple of moves after I posted. Regardless, Aug is still the best month. Imagine what Sept will be if I fixed all of these errors!

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Yes, August has been excellent for trading!! A welcome "surprise" for the dog days of summer! The chart in the opening post clearly shows several, multi-hundred-point swings, both directions. wheeee!!

I am of the opinion that @Overnight is one of the most confirmation-biased posters on ET. He does not handle increased volatility well, and as such, has chosen to fix on the stationary aspect of being range-bound, regardless of the size of the range, as a confirmation that this market is not suited to HIS trading style.

Not beating up on ya ON, just take it for what it is... an observation (perhaps with nuggets of truth to evolve from/with), from an anonymous poster who indeed trades for a living.

Happy Labor Day Holiday!

10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Just post an analogy of what you do and I will tell you how long it would take.

#10     Aug 30, 2019