The Lodge Verbier, Switzerland

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Sep 7, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

fordewind and mlawson71 like this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

The view up from that hill is fantastic, let alone the actual house. :thumbsup:

dealmaker likes this.
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Fwiw my kids went to summer camp in Verbier, in a Chalet very similar to that one, if less luxurious inside. They had a great time there and are begging to go again next summer. Nice area for sure.

Might end up sending them in boarding school in Switzerland, need to open a new thread on american/international/prep schools btw, as I share the same doubts as Marketsurfer about those and so many guys here post about Major and minor in american colleges, I suspect elitetraders might have a clue.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  4. speedo

speedo

Nice !

5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Best boarding schools are in Europe eg Le Rosey, Eton, Gordonstoun etc..

PS http://start.att.net/news/read/cate..._10_best_universities_in_the_world-rnewsernor

6. luisHK

luisHK

Actually it seems the boarding school wich supplies most Ivy League students is in Singapore, from some research I did earlier. My elder kid, keen on joining a boarding school, is afraid of Singaporean discipline though, besides probably beeing not eligible. On the other hand she'd pack up for Switzerland instantly if we offered her the oportunity.
    I'm also a fan of Switzerland but will definetely look more into UK boarding schools if we decide to send them to boarding school, if they are as good but considerably cheaper I wouldn't mind (9 of the 10 most expensive high schools in the world are in Switzerland from memory, they make asian international schools look like pauper hang outs tuitionwise)
    Anyway my beef, like Marketsurfer's, is many international and prep schools seem to be geared towards forming Art majors - striking here with lavish Art and Music classrooms but blah science rooms as well as maths teachers with a suspicious background, at least in middle school.
    Luckily here a new american school opened recently, which boasts great academic results in other parts of the world, so the more established schools need to pick up. Great results last year at IB, and kids got into good name colleges, but I wonder how many of them are stem majors (actually waiting for some feedback from the principal and will start a related thread).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    dealmaker likes this.
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

PS there is also Geelong Grammar School in Australia, famous alums Prince Charles, Rupert Murdoch....

luisHK likes this.
  8. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks for that tip ! Australia is more convenient for us and I'm very keen on spending more time there ( love to find so many pinballs to play, among other things).
    Started to look into Australian boarding schools a few months ago and there are a lots of them, but I haven't heard about them as much as the Swiss and British ones.

9. What did he put the cucumber into?

10. luisHK

luisHK

Might try a winter or summer camp in Australia as well, or to begin with.

#10     Sep 7, 2017