The legendary investor who predicted the past 2 bubbles breaks down how the 9-year bull market will

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Altavest_Erik, Aug 17, 2018.

1. R1234

R1234

2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

3. dozu888

dozu888

I keep telling people about this

https://www.dailyfx.com/sentiment

when the crowd is this afraid of stocks - 30:70 long short, and is this hungry for 'safety hedges' - 10:90 on gold and 20:80 on bitcoin, there is no way stocks can 'crash'.

we are in the 3rd inning... go all in!

4. clacy

clacy

LOL Jeremy Grantham is a perma-bear. Or course he predicted the last two bear markets. That's easy to do when you ALWAYS predict a bear market.

If you listen to Grantham, you NEED there to be a bear market because you've missed all the gains.

murray t turtle, ironchef and piezoe like this.
  5. RXIS

RXIS

lol. How many of us have positioned ourselves for these impending drastic shifts only to become over leveraged and subsequently washed out? I have and so many well to do traders I used to interacte with have too.

I have to admit I'm wanting to preemptively be positioned for a severe downturn.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. They

They

Hmm, I guess the only difference between all the super intelligent BTFD retail cheerleaders on ET and Jeremy Grantham is $71 Billion fucking dollars under management.

vanzandt likes this.
  7. %%
    LOL;
    never heard of him- but sounds like you have. LOL. Many way$ to figure -it [SPY,QQQ] uptrend is not 9 years old @ all; but usually get a down move by SEPT end. NOT a prediction:cool::cool:

8. ironchef

ironchef

But we are all above average traders, some on ET reported turning $2000 into $2M in a year, in paper trades.

After reading the article, what he said actually makes some sense to me. He is not saying the market has an imminent crash coming.

9. %%

Well with 99 billion he has may or may not have a good sales arm??; But with no numbers on track record , in that article ,tells me a lot+ none of it good. Fidelity funds with 2. 5 trillion may or may not or help more; but @ least they publish numbers/ % gained. And also ; he should have given credit to Mr Hircsh Stock Traders Almanac:cool::cool:

#10     Aug 20, 2018