The GRQ System

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Roanoke, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Roanoke

Roanoke

Attached is a radically new and ridiculously simple trading system I call GRQ. At present it is optimized only for NQ. In the attached example the horizontal aqua line represents the trade trigger. The blue histogram represents bar values of a calculus-based function of price, volume and time I call Shift. When Shift signals, you know that price will break out of congestion, end its trend direction, or reverse its trend direction, depending on the current state of price action. The system assumes that you are smart enough to figure that part out for yourself. After a suitable period of perusal by ET, I shall lay out the conditions under which I will reveal it to a select few deserving ETers. For full disclosure, let me say that this system is wholly inspired by eight years of grinding assessment of Jack Hershey's original SCT system, followed by one year of painful study of Todd's SCT-Lite. My profoundest gratitude to you both. I can state with all humility and with due credit that you two have influenced my thinking about trading more than anyone else on ET. For those who inevitably will be tempted to steal GRQ by reverse-engineering it, I have thoughtfully normalized it to make that quite difficult.

• grq.jpg
      File size:
      58.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Roanoke

Roanoke

The opportunity for ET to GRQ with me has now expired. Attached is an example from today's one-minute NQ of how well it works for scalping.

• grq.jpg
      File size:
      176.3 KB
      Views: