The Greatest Investor You’ve Never Heard Of

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Feb 24, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

The Greatest Investor You’ve Never Heard Of: An Optometrist Who Beat The Odds To Become A Billionaire
    [​IMG]
    Madeline Berg

Staff
    Following the money
    It’s 9 p.m. on the last Saturday nightof the 2018 Art Basel in Miami Beach. On the first floor of the palatial Versace mansion, the well-dressed and well-Botoxed are dancing to remixes of Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” and posing for Instagram by the mosaic-tiled emerald pool.

Upstairs, in a VIP room decorated in a mélange of styles that marry classical Greek and Roman touches, a well-dressed septuagenarian named Herbert Wertheim is sitting in front of a plate of smoked-salmon toast topped with gold leaf and shaved truffles, and scrolling through photos on his iPhone—scenes from what could only be described as a wonderful life. There are fan photos of him cooking pasta fagioli with Martha Stewart, on the slopes with Buzz Aldrin and fishing in Antarctica. There are many with his wife of 49 years, Nicole, on the luxurious World Residences at Sea, a yacht where the Wertheims now live part of each year. He calls these extracurricular activities “Herbie time.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...he-odds-to-become-a-billionaire/#5ceef40622e8

2. I`ll become a billionaire soon,too.

murray t turtle and vanzandt like this.
  3. panzerman

panzerman

I tell you what, I would rather run through sand and mud carrying a 500lb log with a group of men who where true friends, rather than eat salmon topped with gold leaf and truffles with a group of folks who couldn't care less if I fell off the face of the earth.

VPhantom and Snuskpelle like this.
  4. Same here, but only because I really hate salmon AND truffles.

murray t turtle and taowave like this.
  5. carrer

carrer

I like your profile picture and the quote on it.

6. vin2018

vin2018

Thanks for sharing this info. I was totally unaware of it. I didn't know anyone except Warren Buffett.

7. %% Me too. And the IBD cartoon with a 2 elephants in pinstripe suits, next to a RINO; bottom line[ that orange haired RINO] is not a politician =the elephants said LOL:D:D