The Grand Delusion Rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aaron Copland, Apr 2, 2008.

1. It is not nice and bad karma to find joy in others misfortune. It is fine to track the annoucements of posters and report them, good or bad. However, we should hope that those making bad calls have their stops in and encourage them to keeping trying. IMHO.

#21     May 15, 2008
  2. I would agree with you, in general.
    But as this poster indicated just yesterday, he does NOT use any stops!

He just keeps posting every day about how the world is coming to an end and that he continually "averages down" in inverse ETF's like the TWM, EEV, SFK, and DUG.
    How can anyone trade these markets without stops?

#22     May 15, 2008
  3. It's the "I am invincible" syndrome. Look, it's S2007S:

[​IMG]

#23     May 16, 2008
  4. What ever happened to that "GET OUT NOW!!!" thread?

Was that The Bottom, or just A Bottom?

#24     May 16, 2008
  5. Funny thing is the "GET THE HELL OUT" thread was posted I believe 1-2 weeks before a major intermediate term market bottom. Panic is usually a good sign it seems :p

#25     May 16, 2008
  6. Yep. "GET THE HELL OUT!" usually means "GET THE HELL IN!!!"...

#26     May 16, 2008
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

It's getting gay already. Landis comes into a thread ripping people apart after the fact and not before ( ooooh he is soooo smart; yet i have never seen him post a p&l ) and then comes in jerky boy trying to ram his nose up landis's ass....sheeesh

and its always the same M.O. after the fact bashing....f**king fruitcakes

#27     May 16, 2008
  8. Please tell me that you are not that stupid.

Perhaps you could use a course in Reading Comprehension, Mr. ElCubano, no?

S2007S has been posting for months about all sorts of "Gloom and Doom" and the coming collapse in crude oil. He breaks just about every risk management rule in the book . . . averaging down "losers" into oblivion, uses NO technical tools, and admittedly does not use any stops. For him, its one "conspiracy" theory after another . . . Helicopter Ben, a commodity "bubble", etc.

These are ALL of his excuses as to why Mr. Market has been kicking his arse the last several months.

That's his problem, not mine . . . and it certainly doesn't have anything to do with bashing him before or after that fact.

It's about someone that comes on ET with just about the weakest TRADING methodology that one can ever imagine.

I'm sorry that you are unable to make that distinction.

#28     May 16, 2008
  9. [​IMG]

With these things running around, i will now slowly start to unhedge my short positions :)

#29     May 16, 2008
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

I will be the first to admit that I might be the dumbest person on ET....aside from that; your posts are 80-90% bashing 100% after the fact and 99.9% of the time makloda quotes you and tugs on your nuts.....Am I missing something???

peace and have a fantastic weekend....

#30     May 16, 2008