The Grand Delusion Rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aaron Copland, Apr 2, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

1/2 of a position in DUG under $37.00 just a few moments ago....

#11     Apr 2, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Positions taken today

TWM
    SKF
    EEV
    DUG

Will add more inverse funds if the dow does rise another 2% by the end of the week, RIMM earnings tonight, if they are well it could prop the the NDX to 1900+....

#12     Apr 2, 2008
  3. I'm not sure that I would call this a 'delusional rally'. It would be very unusal for the market to go down in an election year. If you are short you are fighting the Fed and history.

Wait until NEXT year to initiate your short positions.

#13     Apr 2, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I have heard that election year quote before, everyone was throwing it around in 2007, and that other quote "dont fight the fed" well the DOW is down over 2000 point since he started cutting rates so I dont know why people still throw that quote around, seems the 1st quarter was a down quarter, maybe this quarter will gain back everything that was lost in the 1st quarter, however I HIGHLY doubt it. The economy doesnt digest the biggest credit bubble in history in only a few short months, this takes years.....sell the rallies, buy the dips, I was doing some buying today but those were inverse ETFS I was buying....

#14     Apr 2, 2008
  5. Were is Landis? just ask Makloda.

#15     Apr 2, 2008
  6. Nothing wrong with starting to accumulate ETF's that increase in value when the market goes down. You might suffer some drawdown over the next year but, eventually, the market could prove both of us correct.

Rghtly or wrongly, it appears to me that the powers that be are doing everything they can to prevent a crash or even a recession. To extracate us from the 'credit bubble' they will simply print more money. I don't think necessarily agree with this approach. However, I have some real estate that is mortgaged and the monthly payment stays the same regardless of the value of the dollars used to pay it. I trust that the real estate value will keep up with any inflation caused by excessive money supply. In fact, I'm looking to get some more real estate at these low interest rates and low prices.

Good luck in your trading whatever the instrument.

#16     Apr 2, 2008
  7. This post was from April 2nd and an ALL-TIME ET CLASSIC!!!

One day after "April Fools" Day . . . when the TWM was trading at $76, the SKF was at $101, the EEV was almost $76, and the DUG was at $36.20

They are now at:

TWM: $69.01
    SKF: $98.65
    EEV: $61.82
    DUG: $28.79

:eek:

That's a NET 31 point LOSS.
    And last I checked, the NDX closed well above +1900.
    Make that 2,031
    Nice job!
    :p

#17     May 15, 2008

8. he is a billionaire trying very hard to be a millionaire

he is the permabear version of permabull stock_trd3r

#18     May 15, 2008
  9. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE! HE SAID THERE WAS NO CATALYST FOR THE MARKET TO GO UP!!!!!!!!

"MARKETS ARE RIGGED"

LMAO

#19     May 15, 2008
  10. What is the deal with Makloda and Landis82. I think they are in love!

They always post togather. I wonder if they sleep togather hahaha.

#20     May 15, 2008