The Governments Great Track Record of Providing Healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Oct 30, 2009.

1. No worries, the klannish don't have a heart, and their tiny little brains are not worth harvesting...

Their livers are useless from the boozing, and their kidneys are trashed from the food they eat...

Their eyes have a big log in them, their spleen is full of bile, their vocal cords are capable of nothing but lies...

#31     Nov 1, 2009
  2. OMG that's sooooo funny :D :D :D :D

#32     Nov 1, 2009
  3. You might 'serious' but you are certainly 'seriously delusional'. Where do you even come up with bullshit like this !?!?! I've kept up with the issue fairly closely and have NEVER heard anything like mentioned. It is ALL made up, in your mind.

Why don't you try to deal with the FACTS and make a reasonable argument if you can.

#33     Nov 1, 2009
  4. I had my visit two days ago with a Cardiologist. My EKG is normal. Also did an echo and a treadmill stress test. Everything is normal, as I thought. The abnormal EKG was caused because I am 5'9 and 140 pounds, so since I am thin, the heart is close to my outer chest skin, which caused the higher than normal voltage. I sent all of the records to the insurance company to appeal, so I'll see what they say. I think that I should be approved though.

The whole insurance system is screwed up. If you are in a company group plan, you will get approved, since it is guaranteed issue for group plans, but if you are applying for individual coverage, then they can deny you because of pre-existing conditions. I know that in NJ and NY, it is guaranteed issue coverage for individuals, but the insurance companies that sell in those states can deny covering pre-existing conditions for 12 months, so I read in this...

http://coverageforall.org/pdf/USDirectory.pdf

#34     Nov 4, 2009
  5. dsq

dsq

govt healthcare is better than for profit healthcare...If it isnt how come politicians,war vets and old farts love it and use it?????If anyone from those groups is out there against govt healthcare they should shut up and start advocating for the transfer of thier medicare to the private sector.I cant wait til we see all these right wingers scream against somebody taking away their govt healthcare program called medicare...How many GOP Congressmen are willing to give up their govt run healthcare benefits???How many,huh???You wanna a bunch of whining hypocrites?Just take away john BONER's or max baucus' healthcare package

#35     Nov 4, 2009
  6. Exactly! We already have government healthcare in this country called Medicare. My dad and mother in law have Medicare and they have no problems with it. We just need to extend Medicare or a Medicare type plan to everyone in this country free of monthly premiums and free of denial for pre-existing conditions, paid for by higher taxes on the rich and corporations.

#36     Nov 5, 2009
  7. You are totally correct UNTIL you get to the part of 'paid for by higher taxes on the rich and corporations'. ALL of us are going to have to pay higher taxes for these benefits.

Corporations will save money by not being responsible for health care benefits to employees and those savings will be passed onto workers in the form of pay increases. With EVERYBODY paying into the system we will reach economies of scale that no private-based system could ever reach.

This is a complete no-brainer but until we get rid of every conservative Republican (pretty much all of them) and all of the 'Blue Dog' Democrats (wolves in Democrat clothing) it will never happen.

#37     Nov 5, 2009
  8. saxon

saxon

What a simple (and boring) world to live in. There's the RIGHT side of the field, and there's the LEFT side of the field; and no shades of gray in between. zzz......

#38     Nov 15, 2009
  9. Sure the VA is a great deal if:

1) Your problem is deemed service connected. If not, guess what you get NADA thing. btw I bet you can't guess who makes that decision.

2) You live close enough to a VA hospital.
    Is within 150 miles convenient for you.

3) You think the dept of transportation (you know the guys asleep next to the screwed up road you're driving on) is a bastion of work ethic and efficiency.

4) You are dead ass broke because the expense of the liberal do gooder safety net left you impoverished and dependent.

#39     Nov 15, 2009