The Governments Great Track Record of Providing Healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Oct 30, 2009.

1. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1tv9lZMA1c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1tv9lZMA1c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QwU7xc38-cc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QwU7xc38-cc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This was on 60 Minutes a week or two ago. It talks about how easy it is to rip off Medicare. These folks who are running Medicare are going to be the same folks who will be running everyones healthcare if Obama and the dems get their way. Please explain how doing this would be even a little bit good for the country. This is a little example of what government run healthcare looks like.

2. Not a single left winger can come forward with a straight face and defend government run healthcare. Awesome.

3. The VA is government run health care...

4. Great argument!!!!!

With an argument style like that, all we need to know if is you cheated on your taxes or not. If the answer is yes, you can be promoted to the highest level of government under the Obama administration.

5. You asked, I answered, you are/were wrong...

"
    VA Proves Government Can Run Health Care Better Than Private Sector — Bloomberg.co.
    Published October 4, 2009 Business , Health , Insurance , Medicine , Military , Seniors , Technology , War Leave a Comment

Vets Loving Socialized Medicine Show Government Offers Savings – Bloomberg.com

Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) — Rick Tanner is one American who loves his government-run health care.

After serving in Vietnam and spending three decades in the U.S. Navy, Tanner retired in 1991 with a bad knee and high blood pressure. He enrolled in the Veterans Health Administration and now benefits from comprehensive treatment with few co-payments and an electronic records system more advanced than almost anywhere at private hospitals.

“The care is superb,” said Tanner, 66, a San Diego resident who visits the veterans medical center in La Jolla, California, and a clinic in nearby Mission Valley. The record- keeping, he said, is “state of the art.”

As Congress considers changing Americans’ access to health care, the veterans agency, whose projected budget this year is $45 billion, is evidence that the government can provide care favored by patients that may offer savings when compared with private insurers….

6. Mnphats

Mnphats

7. Admittedly, I don't personally know ALL of the veterans in America, (with all the wars we've been in who would), but I can say that I know of NO (NONE, ZERO) veterans who can use the GOVERNMENT-RUN VA medical system but instead choose to use a PRIVATE insurance company. They all go to the VA hospital. (Ironically, most all of these veterans CURSE the FEDERAL gov't in the usual ignorant tea-party mentality but still use the resource).

In fact, the biggest hurdle to UNIVERSAL health care in America are the people that currently enjoy this priviledge: Military Veterans and Senior Citizens.

And, in simple selfish terms, why should they NOT oppose change !?!? They have theirs; you & I are paying for so . . . what they worry ?

Added to this are the people (employees & stockholders), who benefit DIRECTLY from the current scrambled & inefficient system. And people still dare to say that 'OBAMA is doing NOTHING' !!!!

Sad fact is: 70% of the people opposing health care reform as presented by Obama & the normal leaders of the Democrat Party would benefit greatly from the reforms being proposed.

8. I am still trying to figure out what the VA has to do with a story about Medicare. There is simply no defense.

9. You're implying that under ObamaCare we would have a choice.

I would like for you to show us in Pelosi's plan where we would still have the ability to 'choose' to use private insurance once insured by the Gov.

#10     Oct 31, 2009