The FANGs are getting crushed

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Everything is selling off on Monday, and the so-called FANGs are getting hit hard.

Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, and Google (that is, Alphabet) were four of the best-performing tech stocks that helped keep the S&P 500 in positive territory last year.

But as global markets sold off on Monday morning, these stocks were down sharply in premarket trading, even with little company-specific news on any of them. This follows a sell-off across the tech sector on Friday as LinkedIn plunged 44% after weak earnings and Tableau Software lost about half its value.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/fang-tech-stocks-sell-off-february-8-2016-2

2. WallStreet cartel needs to pay for their whores and Coke.. Things haven't changed in a hundred years.

i960 likes this.
  3. Not only FANG, the whole market went nuts, this looks like a panic.

4. Panic??? LMAO
    You obviously haven't been doing this very long.

5. i960

i960

Yeah this is hardly a panic. Selling needs to get much more aggressive. IMO these days any signs of a panic will bring swift action from TPTB to try and stop trading or otherwise prevent a massive selloff from continuing.

Let's talk about "panic" when we see 100-200 point swings in one day.

6. zdreg

zdreg

tptb acronym?

7. i960

i960

The powers that be.

8. drcha

drcha

This is why I never invest in these types of stocks. They are only good for short-term trades. I look like a fool at every cocktail party. People yawn when they hear about my blue-chip dividend payers. Old school companies for an old lady. However, I get the last laugh.

9. Ok maybe I misused the term, but you can't deny that market is little bit crazy these days.

10. FANG not so good 2016: $FB +.6%, $AMZN -31%, $NFLX -30%, $GOOGL -13%. The 'F' at least not negative. Also $TSLA -41%, $TWTR -38%. $SPY

#10     Feb 10, 2016