The data when you trade with props like TST or E2T

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderwald, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

I have read if you are a prof trader with a prop firm, then you pay for prof data fees. But if we stop with the prop firm and trade on own after that, will we still need to pay prof data ?

Thank you

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If you are no longer registered with the prop firm and open an individual account, you are likely entitled to the non-pro exemption after you leave.

3. No I do not think that the CFTC and the NFA brands you for life.

ES

4. I have often wondered how many traders wives trade?

You know what I mean...is it the intent perhaps that would count in those cases?

Es

5. cafeole

cafeole

I think the form says "are you" and "do you", not "have you ever".

6. Here are the rules. I am quoting Ryan from Earn2Trade:

You'd need to check with your broker to be certain but based on the following document, it does appear it would.
    https://www.cmegroup.com/market-dat...it-a-to-schedule-4-non-pro-self-cert-form.pdf

The piece that makes you a pro is:

(f) be solely for the Subscriber’s personal or private use;
    (g) be limited to managing the Subscriber’s own assets, and not be used in connection with the management of any assets of any third party(ies) in any capacity

If it was only that part, then your own accounts I believe would be fine, however, it states also:

The Non-Professional Subscriber must not:
    (d) be registered or qualified as a professional trader or investment adviser with any stock, commodities or futures exchange or contract market, or with any financial regulatory authority

7. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Yes, based on the form, you should be OK for non-pro as long as you're not currently qualified as a pro from anything else.

8. Polygon.io

Polygon.io Sponsor

This is a little late, but:

I believe if you're registered with the SEC, you're a "professional" even if you're not currently using the data in a professional capacity.

legionx likes this.
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

They do not. And pro vs non pro market data rules are exchange based and they look at your current situation.

10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

#10     Jan 2, 2019