The Coming Deflation . . .

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Landis82, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Sorry, but the largest drop in the CPI in 61 years would tell most rational people otherwise.

So much for all of the ET inflation "hawks" who were so very worried about Helicopter Ben and the dramatic rate cuts that the Fed initiated starting back in January.

#81     Nov 19, 2008
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Good thing my health insurance and trips to the grocery store are getting cheaper by the day!

#82     Nov 19, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Perhaps. Game is still early. History suggests end result is BIG inflation..

All along I've thought we would get both deflation and inflation... just didn't know which one first. Must say, "deflation first" is better for those not loaded with debt.

#83     Nov 19, 2008
  4. Great, should I be expecting a rebate check for all of the inflated gasoline and food purchased over the last year?

Ben still flys btw, however his destinations are a bit more selective these days.

#84     Nov 19, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

is this a serious comment?

#85     Nov 19, 2008
  6. Daal

Daal

rogers is saying bernanke was 'wrong 100 weeks in a row', yet bernanke nailed the commodities move. the fed board made it clear they thought the move was unsustainable but of course rogers needs more inflows in his funds so he just kept pushing people to buy more

#86     Nov 19, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

Yet another example of the principle which applies to most investors... "all you have to do for the market to knock you off of your rails is keep doing what you were doing when you were successful..."

Yes, I know there is ironing in there...

#87     Nov 19, 2008
  8. zdreg

zdreg

irony (ironing)

reminds me of the old joke
    what business are your parents in?
    the steel business
    my fathers irons and my mother steals.

#88     Nov 19, 2008