The bitcoin flash crash of June 2011

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Tavurth, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Tavurth

Tavurth

Thought you might find this article interesting

When bitcoin dropped from $32 to $0.01.

The bitcoin flash crash of June 2011.

2. maxinger

maxinger

And now it is Jun 2021

3. expiated

expiated

When I first encountered Bitcoin in 2010, it was probably worth about $0.0008. This number was so small, I couldn't even conceptualize the thing's value. Consequently, I thought of it as a joke—without even the stature (or lack thereof) of a penny stock, and as a result, I deemed it not even worth my time.

If I had simply purchased 10,000 Bitcoin for just eight bucks, I'd be worth $357,558,000 today!.:confused::banghead:

johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Back in 2015 I thought 400 was a great deal!

johnarb likes this.
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

just shows you the madness of crypto world. Something that has no purpose, not even really needed, wastes tons of energy turned $80 in 300 million. Madness that have never been witness ever in our history.

Onra likes this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

#bitcoin [​IMG]

7. Nobert

Nobert

Do you really suffer over such thought ?

8. I remember when bitcoin was $100, I was too young and too poor to invest. But damn if only I didn't gamble my bitcoin on those stupid dice games. Damn those dice.

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

term clean coal comes to mind …

johnarb and fan27 like this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

If I had married a princess.... If I pulled out in time... If I hadn't driven drunk...

So many regrets in my life. But I am rambling again. The takeaway from this thread is that the future of mo..., I mean the store of va..., I mean the collectors item also know as Bitcoin has crashed 6 times more than 80% in 12 years.

That is something to keep in mind.

#10     Jun 14, 2021