The biggest crypto clepto is: North Korea

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Their favorite crypto, ethereum.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securi...n-cryptocurrency-last-year-research-rcna12080

North Korea stole nearly $400 million in cryptocurrency in 2021, particularly ethereum, researchers have found, indicating its national strategy of hacking and laundering digital money remains successful.

Unlike many criminals who receive cryptocurrencies, North Korea doesn’t rush to immediately convert it to conventional currency, said Erin Plante, the senior director of investigations at Chainalysis and the author of the report.

Instead, it continuously launders moderate amounts of its hacked cryptocurrency while holding on to around $170 million of it from older hacks, she said, capitalizing on the fact that major cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum have increased in value in recent years.

zghorner, qlai and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  2. kroxobor

kroxobor

I also put my money in Ether I see lots of potential in it despite many FUD and increased fees, I guess many positive surprises are ahead for this asset that will cause positive price shocks.

3. maxinger

maxinger

India - a top country with most cryptocurrency holders

[​IMG]

4. maxinger

maxinger

[​IMG]

top cryptocurrency holders in %

5. emulimu

emulimu

Wonder why China is not there.

6. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Their government banning crypto might have something to do with it.

Nobert and zghorner like this.
  7. emulimu

emulimu

Yes, it is banned in their country but why? What will happen to crypto prices if the ban is lifted and Chinese participate. Just wondering.

8. VicBee

VicBee

I love these intricate spy movies.. :wtf: you mean this is real!?! Like someone has detailed insider knowledge to shine light on crypto thefts and movements??o_O I'm sooooo impressed!