The Best Book About Chart Trading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by iccenuol, May 6, 2018.

1. iccenuol

iccenuol

Ok, so I need a book. Unfortunately there are absolutely tons of them on offer and I'm not sure which is the best for chart trading. Why do the chart trading books differ so much, I don't understand, a chart is a chart I would have thought?

Basically, I just want the best book, whereby I read and digest the information provided and then I hit the markets and make some money. I'm looking for plain and simple instruction, a comprehensive guide with no faff or ambiguity, although I realise that some form of trading dictionary may be required.

I've already looked at Trading for Dummies, though I'm not sure if professional traders would use this kind of material as an industry standard.

Thanks to all for helping out!

2. Xela

Xela

If it helps, I included in this post a list of the books that most helped me in becoming a profitable trader (they may or may not be the same ones which will also help you!).

There are also several other threads in which various members offer book recommendations/reviews: the forum's search function is your friend (but only if you use it).

trader99 likes this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

any book that gives one good new idea is a"best book".

4. qxr1011

qxr1011

Not going to find it.

Charting is only the means to analyse the market. To make money one needs a trading method.

And do not confuse the trading method with the market analysis.

zenemini, KDASFTG and lcranston like this.
  5. iccenuol

iccenuol

Hi Xela, and thanks for the speedy reply. Based on the above list and what you have said about the individual books, I'm going to choose the Joe Ross book, Trading the Ross Hook. I'll see if there's a free pdf to get me used to authors style before the actual book arrives.

I've got a good feeling about all this, I might actually be getting somewhere with the understanding of it all, it's quite complex for the beginner.

6. iccenuol

iccenuol

Hi qxr1011. That's exactly what I'm after, a standard trading method. Xela has reccomended a Joe Ross book which I'm going to purchase immediately, I'll use this book as a template, as my bible.

qxr1011 likes this.

7. The troll is strong with this one...

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    DaveV likes this.
  8. iccenuol

iccenuol

Yeh definately, I can certainly see the logic in that. Thanks zdreg!

9. qxr1011

qxr1011

Not going to find it !

You effectively looking for a blueprint to make money....

Those who have it will not share it ( obviously), those who share it (what ever it is they share) do not have it ( obviously).

beginner66, lcranston and comagnum like this.
  10. iccenuol

iccenuol

Hi Saltynuts. I'll stick with with Joe Ross as an industry standard, unless I find him impossible to profit from, or he isn't proven with a large fund or something. Thanks.

#10     May 6, 2018