That Triangular wave system...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by RangeTrader, Jul 14, 2012.

1. I was curious about that triangular wave system I have seen being advertised around so I was muddling around with some charts for fun... Checking to see if it was a bunk of bunk or it had some good points like Elliott wave does.

If you take a swing high and a swing low... And draw a proportional triangle off of them you can come up with a target price located in both time and price for a move that is occurring....

Very very interesting...

2. But, honestly... Waste of money... Just draw an Andrews pitchfork and it's even better for price targeting a move.

LoL!!!

3. Heres the current pitchfork...

I prefer thinking in squares... Not triangles and angles! Still interesting though.

4. Isn't it nice how everything always lines up perfectly after it has already happened?

5. +100 absolutely

6. ocean5

ocean5

Triangular wave system...and all that jaaaazzz

7. Does anyone know what company is marketing it? I have seen the ad around and honestly forgot the name...

My system is far superior. :D

And no... It's more complicated than "Wait for bernanke to announce a QE program and buy dips hand over fist..." LoL!!!

I'm hoping for more QE promised at Jackson hole. Who here is with me?

8. I don't think it's going to happen yet. Economic data might be getting soft, but the market is near multi-year highs and rates are already low.

Thought experiment: If the purpose of QE is to prevent a bond sale failure (which could induce hyperinflation) by providing automatic demand for the federal government's IOU's, the eurozone implosion will have the same effect - the whole world will run to treasuries and USA, inc will still have enough money to operate their affairs around the world.

USA has one thing most major economies do not - political stability. USA paper is the gold standard, literally, around the world.

QE originally maintained this stability (and confidence) to keep the rest of the world believing that USA was the Superpower who was least likely to fail.

A thought experiment.....

9. You know... This was talked about a lot... Back in 2010! LoL...

Everyone was talking about how the EU crisis provided the backstop to the dollar to allow Bernanke to proceed with his QE problems without doing too much damage to our currency.

The EU implosion even though it will create a market crash... It will still flood money into one of the dollar. Global confidence in our currency has not been destroyed. It takes a LONG time to destroy foreign confidence in a country as strong as ours was in the past. Were just a ghost of what we were but people still keep faith. I mean seriously... Do you see any good in this country without a "made in china" label?

Do not underestimate the stupidity of everyone in rushing to an old safe haven...

Just look at the EUR/USD and dollar trends... Man are the idiots flooding to our currency in fear of the EU crisis...