Testing a new strategy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ddav, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

I was asked why not do a journal, so I decided to try to see if it could help. It is futures and all results are points per day rounded to whole number. I realized that I have a long way to go to be a really good trader. I am playing off a new strategy. Using mostly NT for a trading platform. So far results are:
    Thursday 11-18-10.............. 9 points
    Friday 11-19-10..............9 points
    Monday 11-22-10..............8 points
    Tuesday 11-23-10 .............9 points
    Wednesday 11-24-10..............5 points
    Total so far about 40 points over last 5 days or about $4,000 on 1 TF contract.
    I misplayed a lot and will have to get better using this new strategy. For an explanation of the new strategy I am using, you may see it at link below.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=209678

2. dalen

dalen

Great results so far, but if you want to win ET over we look forward to your live calls tomorrow.

3. dalen

dalen

Correction. We await next weeks calls.. Happy Thanksgiving..

4. Handle123

Handle123

This is so BS, if I was too old to trade my own methods, I would never "rent" it out, I would employ others to trade it with my own money, why let anyone else get 50%? But Americans being a bunch of greedy people and never ask the right questions, this guy is getting tons of private messages inquiring about getting it too, I am sure. All of this guys posts have had to do with this free advertisement.

And as I have always said, if you are going to pay anyone anything, demand 3-5 years of monthly brokerage statements, otherwise it is just a hoax.

beginner66 likes this.
  5. ddav

ddav

Well, I will be keeping to my plan to improve my results with trading. I will try to at least get close to the TS profit report results attached for about the same 5 day period. I am doing this part time still, but I also missed so many good trades last week, that I know I have a ways to go for improvement. Dal...., Happy Thanksgiving and best trading. Han..., this contains "0" bs. I reviewed a commercial strategy recently from one of my brokers and the guy wanted $x/mo to rent his strategy that according to TS profit report only lost an average of $1000/mo for the last 2 months straight. All I am paying for this new strategy is 1/2 of my net real winnings, that so far has been ok by me.

6. NoDoji

NoDoji

How about just a couple days of real-time calls that the system signals?

7. ddav

ddav

Nod..., thanks for the suggestion. See original thread above. That has as close to real time as I can get. All pics on thread were from real-time charts running real time on my computer. You and all can see them there. I am going to try to improve my poor trading abilities with journaling. I have no current plan to run it real time on the web. What I have reviewed so far seems to be too time consuming for my tastes, especially since I am doing it part time only at this time and I would need the developers permission.

8. NoDoji

NoDoji

It takes about 5 seconds to post a trade here. I used to post calls for CL trades, which is pretty volatile to say the least. I've never seen nor traded TF, so maybe it moves too fast to post a trade signal. Good luck with your trading!

9. ddav

ddav

Nod...., thanks. You are definitely faster than I. What I posted in the thread was a struggle for me to do. It definitely interfered with trade management and playing the strategy real time. I am also exploring other markets and have a no loss record so far in the E6. It seems to be as difficult to manage the trades there as in the TF.

10. Well...by your statement above you need not worry about paying for the strategy , because as you said ...' only lost an average $1000/mo for the last 2 months straight'....when will it be profitable...:D

How about we cut the crap....admit you are the developer and if you want to establish ANY credibilty on this thread (site) post real time trades; otherwise this thread should go the same way as your last thread....CLOSED....

The sooner the better...

NiN

#10     Nov 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.