Telepod (Teleporter)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mutluit, Jul 28, 2013.

1. mutluit

mutluit

A product that will change the world:

a set of "telepods" that allows instantaneous teleportation of an object from one pod to another,
    also called a "matter transporter device" or "disintegrator-integrator".
    (this is from the plot of the movie "The Fly", 1958 and 1986)

Every household and every company and office will have such a teleporter.
    Such a teleporter will work with dead matter only, ie. not for transportation
    of living beings like humans and animals.

Alternatively, a "3D printer" could do the same job by just transferring "the atomic plan"
    (ie. scanning and data transfer) of the object to be sent to the destination address.
    But such a device needs the raw materials be presen at the destination, so this is not so practical,
    I like the transporter idea much better.

As like every machine it would need energy.

The classical freight and goods transportation industry will be wiped out within a short time.
    Such an invention would be very benefical for the whole planet:
    traffic would be reduced, oil/gas consumption would be reduced, green house gasses would be reduced, ...

Can it work?
    I think yes, because this is intended for dead matter only, therefore less riskier, and easier to build.

IMO an interessting project idea for researchers, inventors and investors.

2. dude lemme have some of that shit you're smokin

3. mutluit

mutluit

Have you never seen this movie (The Fly) made in 1958 and again in 1986?
    I've got the idea from exactly that movie.

4. yeah I've seen it..in fact I'm watching it right now while puffing on some sour diesel...your idea is....as tony the tiger says....GREEEAAATTT!!!

[​IMG]

5. You didn't get any idea from that movie...you saw the movie and just repeated someone elses idea. Here watch me do the same.

I have an idea for a galaxy class star ship. It will have a saucer section and 2 warp nacells. It will fly at warp factor 9 and carry about 1,000 people.

I came up with this idea by myself by watching star trek the next generation!

6. 3d printers can also be used to create human organs with stem cells where the material in the printer is replaced by a permeable shell structure and swabbed with the right type of human organ cell.

Expensive, should be a great way to extend human life.

7. jem

jem

I think you will need some irresistible green women to make it fly.

8. TGregg

TGregg

Did you know the word gullible is not in the dictionary? Look it up.

Moved to chit chat. Pretty impressed that the OP has managed to stay alive this long.

9. What?!

Naw, man, it's in my dictionary! Must not be in yours!

:D