Technical Indicators / Charts Face to face training

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by amitphatak, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Dear All,

I am new to trading and wanted to take up technical indicators training for my professional work.

I am looking for a 5 days training anywhere in Asia.

A sample course work could look like
    • History
    • Basic principles
    Technical analysis - basic principles

Charts
    • Chart construction
    • Line, Bar and Candlestick charts
    • Point and figure charts
    Chart patterns
    • Support and resistance
    • Trading ranges
    • Tops/bottoms
    • Breakouts
    • Gaps
    Continuation and Reversal Patterns
    • Head and shoulders
    • Spikes and reversals
    • Double and triple tops
    • Diamond tops and saucers
    • Triangles, rectangles and wedges
    • Pennants and flags
    Technical indicators
    • Moving averages
    • Oscillators;Momentum and Rate of Change
    • Relative Strength Indicator (RSI)
    • Stochastic
    • Parabolic
    Charting Techniques
    • Confirmation of price moves, use of filters
    • Divergence analysis as a signal of change
    • Fibonacci
    • Elliott Wave and Gann
    • Candlesticks
    Exercises and workshops

Do you guys have any suggestion ?

Thanks
    A

2. Handle123

Handle123

This amount would be at least a year of training, and just skim over all those topics, you cheating yourself. You should take like 3 years and self teach yourself, then when you don't know what you are doing wrong, present examples on ET for those been trading for awhile to look over it. Trading can't be learned in a week or a month or even a year, this of it more like college degree amount of time.

3. speedo

speedo

Handle is correct, the only thing you can accomplish in five days is to become familiar with terms and concepts.

amitphatak likes this.
  4. Simples

Simples

Trading is like eating tasty dishes, just don't get stuck with the recipes.

When I started out 7-8 years ago, I started here. In order to dispell the magic of indicators, it helps to know their formulas and common interpretations: http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school

What you need to learn though, is that all these formulas don't work by themselves. It's even stated in the text over and over..

Stocktracker and amitphatak like this.
  5. Many thanks for your reply Handle and Speedo.

I do want to become familiar with the terms and concepts. I want to introduce it to my team who have it in their developmental plan to be introduced to the concepts and then further educate them as needed. Need to start somewhere and hence looking for a proper introductory process.

THEICE does something similar however, they do not have any upcoming courses and hence I am looking for elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, how would you suggest one can go about self teaching, online courses ? books ? etc. Youtube is a good source, however there is no structured

6. Thanks Simples, I am looking at that website. And what I like about it is the downloadable spreadsheets with formulas and examples.

7. All those indicators are kind of meaningless, in my simple weird humble opinion.
    Don't trade individual stocks/companies...too erratic and random. -- a gamble.
    you're lucky to get somewhere or make progress with your trading acct.

Just trade the broad market index,
    it's slightly easier to gauge the relationship between economic reports and emotions and general chart reading, o_O collectively

"Exercises and workshops"...that sounds more like a whole bunch of fluff just to package up and sell to the dumb, naive sheep masses.
    The blind leading the blind,

Good luck and Mazal tov on your trading journey...you'll need it,
    Many traders wander around like Moses in the desert...never reaching or seeing the Promise land,

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  8. I've sent you a PM with a suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  9. Macca1

Macca1

My advice is to quit while you're ahead.

Eg , before you even start.

10. All the stuff you mentioned, you can learn it here http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school at your own base and for free. However, I suggest that you subscribe.
    good luck.

#10     Sep 12, 2017