Teacher Fired for not using Pronoun

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LacesOut, Dec 9, 2018.

1. LacesOut

LacesOut

I’m not religious but....
    We have officially arrived in Hell.

WEST POINT — A Virginia high school teacher was fired Thursday for refusing to use a transgender student’s new pronouns, a case believed to be the first of its kind in the state.

After a four-hour hearing, the West Point School Board voted 5-0 to terminate Peter Vlaming, a French teacher at West Point High School who resisted administrators’ orders to use male pronouns to refer to a ninth-grade student who had undergone a gender transition. The board met in closed session for nearly an hour before the vote.

Like a similar transgender rights case in nearby Gloucester County that eventually reached the U.S. Supreme Court, Vlaming’s situation could present a novel legal case as public bodies continue to grapple with how to reconcile anti-discrimination policies with the rights of religious employees.

(More at link)

https://www.richmond.com/news/virgi...cle_65be1826-50b2-5d38-be58-47d9b9480917.html

2. exGOPer

exGOPer

Can't follow simple rules in an organization? You can fuck right off, find another job. Go cry somewhere else.

3. Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore.

4. LacesOut

LacesOut

Big surprise.
    Leftard totalitarians in favor of compelled speech.

5. DTB2

DTB2

Organization doesn't know what it's doing? You can fuck right off, find another job. Go cry somewhere else.

Fixed it for ya.

6. exGOPer

exGOPer

Says the asshole who keeps saying Michelle Obama is a man but when someone undergoes surgery, using a pronoun to address them is 'totalitarian'. Some standards by the resident inbred Trumptard who wants to address a woman as a man using photoshopped fake images but god forbid someone who has undergone surgery can't be addressed as they want to be in a formal setting.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. exGOPer

exGOPer

It wasn't me who lost the job, why the fuck should I cry or care. If you can't follow organization rules over such a simple thing, stop crying and find another job.

8. DTB2

DTB2

I prefer to be addressed as King, how's that work for you?

9. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Oddly enough, I agree with you. If an employee doesn't want to follow the rules his employer sets, he can find a different job. That's the way the world works.

That's why I don't have an issue with NFL owners cutting players if they refuse to stand for the national anthem after being told not to kneel. The owners have every right to cut them if they don't comply with the rules the organization sets.

10. DTB2

DTB2

Uh oh, now you're gonna trigger some people.

#10     Dec 9, 2018