TD to IB positions transfer

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by qlai, Apr 1, 2021.

1. qlai

qlai

Anyone can comment on IB’s handling of position transfers via ACATS? Will the cost basis be preserved? I am a bit scared dealing with IB support for this.

Automated Customer Account Transfer Service (ACATS)
    Description
    US Broker to Broker position transfer system. Requests to have your cash and positions automatically moved from a third-party US broker to IBKR are initiated from the Transfer Positions page in Client Portal. For details, click here.

When you request an ACATS transaction, you have the option of creating a new Position Transfer Instruction or using an existing Position Transfer Instruction.

For a full ACATS transfer, you can perform a position eligibility check prior to submitting your request to verify that the positions you want to transfer are eligible for your selected transfer method. You can enter positions manually or upload the positions in a .CSV (comma-separated values) file.

You can also upload positions in a .CSV file for a partial ACATS transfer.

Time to Arrive
    From four to eight business days depending on your third-party broker.

Limitations
    ACAT transfers may be unavailable for withdrawal or transfer up to 30 days.

No options transfers during expiration week.

Long and Short (Short Against the Box) of same position will be netted upon receipt through an ACAT.

2. qlai

qlai

Yeah I have positions I have been holding for 20+ years, don’t want that capital gain :)

ET180, zdreg and BKR88 like this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

You can change the basis in account management on IB.

qlai likes this.
  4. I’ve transferred shares from elsewhere into IB and cost has been preserved

qlai likes this.
  5. IB-AN

IB-AN Interactive Brokers

qlai likes this.
  6. qlai

qlai

For the record ... it was super easy.

def likes this.
  7. Yeah, they’ll probably won’t be of much help with this. Don’t worry, you will get through this in time. All the very best to you.