Tanker Attack

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dealmaker, Jun 13, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Tanker Attack

Train your eyes on the Middle East again. The U.S. Navy and Iranian search and rescue teams have both sent assistance to two oil tankers that were attacked in the Gulf of Oman. The oil price has surged and Gulf stock markets are down. Initial reports say at least one of the tankers was hit by a torpedo, and its crew was rescued by the Iranians. It's not yet clear whether there is a connection to alleged limpet-mine attacks against tankers off the UAE last month—the U.S. claimed that episode was Iran's work. Sky News

2. Looks like the Iranians need to have the U.S. send them another 150 billion pronto.

3. Was this done by legitimate rebels or the CIA?

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

MBS backed "terrorists" with Trump's blessing

Good1 and CaseyB like this.
  5. in the bigger picture the price of oil is barely budging from where it has been.

Snarkhund likes this.
  6. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

The Mullahs have made a huge miscalculation.

A good start would be total destruction of naval coastal installations and abatement of all non-civil aviation for about 100 miles inland. Maybe occupy Khargh Island.

Trump seems to reluctant to enter/initiate wars but I think we will see him turn the USN loose here.

7. Seriously, who has the most to gain from this? Hint: it starts with an "I" but is not Iran or Iraq.

8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Trump trying to start a war

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

You don't criticize a war-time president you see...

10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Exactly

#10     Jun 13, 2019