Switzerland millionaire hit by record speed fine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dtrader98, Jan 8, 2010.

1. da-net

da-net

GA introduced a new "Super Speeder" law as of Jan 1, 2010. According to lawmakers, it was meant to reduce excessive speeds and injuries from speeders on GA roads, unfortunately it has had several side effects.

The cops and local governments see this as a revenue generation area because they can now charge an additional $200 on top of previous fines. However they continue to let fellow "government workers" violating the law go just as before even though they are most time exceeding by 25 or more MPH. (GV97098, GV13096, 10316t, Go Express bus, Marta Mobility, 10929, HERO units)

The rest of the motoring public has slowed down to the limits and this has caused congestion on the highways (I 285) to the point of endangering the public and causing backups in merging into traffic. It has caused another problem with motorists, the police especially Dekalb County and East Point. GA. The later sit on the highway before exits 1 & 2 which both are on a serious long declines and people instinctively slow down quickly when seeing a cop which has almost caused chain reaction pile ups on several occasions.

The intention by our lawmakers was good, but the results are at best horrible!

Before someone asks, NO I have not received a traffic ticket but I will feel sorry for anyone that must go to court in Dekalb County in front of Barbara Jean Mobly (State court Dekalb County) as she is a biased judge and likes to fine and impose probation (another revenue generator).

#21     Jan 10, 2010
  2. Money money money, for a cash-strapped state gov't. The first of many new laws to come.

#22     Jan 11, 2010