Switching from Interactive Brokers to TradeStation?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by pinetboltz, Nov 24, 2017.

1. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

The overnight initial margins on Interactive Brokers for ES are getting pretty high, relatively speaking -- $8000+ per contract right now

Anyone switched from Interactive Brokers to TradeStation? I'm thinking about it, with TradeStation's overnight initial around $4600 per contract for ES (I know some smaller brokers offer even lower margins, but prefer to go with the more reputable / better known names)

What's your roundtrip all-in cost on TradeStation? Any major differences you noticed, eg. on the DOM price ladder?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

Thanks Bob, just wondering:

- The $4950 initial margin listed for ES - does that apply to overnights?
    - For other customers of IB who switched over to your platform, what are some of their feedback?

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Yes, that is when it is calculated, at the end of the session. We offer the same for IRAs opened through a self directed IRA company like Midland IRA.

I have had no negative feedback from any futures client from any other FCM/Broker.

Keep in mind that RT does not have access to VX futures or options and our cost and commissions are higher on other software.

5. LacesOut

LacesOut

Are you being charged for the IB trading platform/charting software ?
    My RTs are cheap...but I don't care much for the software.

6. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

Not for the software - IB's TWS comes free

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

comagnum likes this.
  8. truetype

truetype

ET is The Land of the Free.

comagnum likes this.
  9. Howard

Howard

Personally, I don't need overnight margin, but I'm surprised to see that the intraday margin per ES contract is now at $4039. Is this correct?

Surely, this is higher than the last time I was trading with IB (a few years back now). Is this due to the higher value of the underlying?

I had pretty much decided on going back to IB, but this margin is slightly higher than what I had in mind.

10. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

That is correct, $4039 per ES contract right now for IB intraday

Just wondering, did you find other brokers deficient in some way, in terms of switching back to IB?

#10     Nov 25, 2017
    Howard likes this.