Swing vs Intra day

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 1765hillwood, Jul 7, 2010.

1. So I find out today that two people who told me never hold over night when trading as a full time job, make most of their money off swing trades not intraday stuff.( they trade full time) which really makes me wonder.
    So let me pose this question, if you are a full time trader what % comes from Swing vs Intraday???????????:confused:

2. I am not a full time trader but I'm having some good success swing trading over 1 to a few days.

3. They recommend daytrading because it generates much more commissions.

They only want you to generate commissions.
    They don't care if you lose.

4. That is the realization that i have come to as well.

5. Glad to see the truth is being uncovered.

6. schizo

schizo

The bottom line is you can't day trade successfully and hold a full time job at the same time. Those who say otherwise is either a liar or extremely lucky.

7. Don t look at intraday trading.... even the interbank trader are not making alot of money... unless they have orders in the back and customers flow....

I spent 21 years in banks, trading as a market maker and prop trader..I can assure you.. alot of them are not making alot of money....on their own.

8. I'd rather mAKE SAY 5% A MONTH END OF DAY SWING TRADING THAN 10%+ INTRA DAY TRADING. i HAVE A LIFE AWAY FROM THE QUOTE MACHINE....AND THAT MY FRIEND IS PRICELSSS

9. JeffUSA

JeffUSA

I can trade successfully on any time frame.

You could be a successful swingtrader only devoting a couple of minutes a day to checking up on your stocks.

If your daytrading, you will need to watch your monitor minute by minute to be successful. In a sense, daytrading could easily become a fulltime job unless you hit your targets early in the day and can take the rest of the day off.

What would you prefer?

10. you can be either swingtrader or intradaytrader.doesn`t matter..if you are missed with your intraday setups, fine, stay a swingtrader for a while.forget about all that crap from smarty-pants` books about trading 'the worse think that could happen, when you are becoming investor out of trader' HELL NO!turn into investor for a while if it makes sense!
    just do your things with good amount of common sense.

#10     Aug 15, 2010