SwiftTrade Campus

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by amanda, Feb 14, 2006.

1. amanda

amanda

I might work there soon.

It is a part-time job while attending full-time school.

Would it be helpful to my future career given that I will not work in swift upon graduation.

2. GGSAE

GGSAE

I'm not fully aware of what exactly swift campus entails, but if you don't plan on working there after you graduate why bother with it now?

3. Chagi

Chagi

Basically they are trying to get college/uni students to trade as a part time job, I forget which city it is located in, but their first one is in Ontario, Canada.

4. Bad choice. I'd have more respect for you if you were at Tim Hortons or Kinkos, even McDonalds.

JMHO

5. I worked at the Hamilton office, in 2004.

The operation could be described as a boiler room. Nick Jackson, who has probably since moved on because he couldnt trade, was the proprietor at the time.

Im doing you a favour by saying dont waste your time there. It also does not look good on a resume. Yes, I was never successful as a "trader" using their strategy. I use the term trader only in that Swift likes to call its minions traders.

The best traders do not hit the bid and sell on the ask. They follow trends which last days, months, years. As Ed Seykota says, perhaps you should try trading wavelengths after trading bid ask spreads.

Anyways, perhaps some of this message will dissuade you from being among the 90% of the people who don't make it not due to their ambition, but due to the fact that trading the bid ask is simply a matter of trading noise.

6. ROFL bet your kicking yourself now.... 4 traders at hamilton make 100k a month now, and i know 2 made over 500k for swifttrade last year.

7. mnx

mnx

you were the guy who was here for 2 days right?

rofl.

mnx

8. Szeven,

I respect your opinion do you know this as fact or just hear say?

9. Well, I stand by what I say. JMHO

10. COMPLETELY TRUE ABOUT THE HAMILTON, I USE TO WORK AND SWIFT DOWNTOWN AND A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE OWNS A BRANCH OVERSEAS. IT IS INCREDIBLE WHAT THOSE GUYS ARE DOING IN HAMILTON THEY ARE DOMINATING DAY IN AND DAY OUT, WISH I WAS WORKING THERE, BUT THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE MOST GUYS NEVER MAKE A DIME AT SWIFT BUT THERE ARE THOSE ANNOMALIES

#10     Feb 15, 2006