Sweden

Discussion in 'Politics' started by apdxyk, Apr 11, 2020.

1. apdxyk

apdxyk

ironchef likes this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Rest of the world not happy, If Sweden fairs as well or even nearly aswell at all the counrtys that have spend Billions and Trillions, which so far they are, then it proves all the lockdowns and damage done and personal freedom's being stripped away was all for nothing and a scam.

You from Sweden ??

Asked the At Risk group to lock themselves away, all that is needed really, they can come out when everyones had and everyone is immune, logical and simple and won't take long.

ironchef, Nobert and Edmond like this.
  3. Sweden’s curve was starting to get really steep last time I checked. I hope they make it work, but I’m doubtful.

Even if they do, don’t assume that means we in the U.S. can say “See? There was no point in shutting down!” Sweden’s health system and capacity are in a different league, as is their people’s sense of self-responsibility and respect for the common good. No way do I trust Burt down the street who screeches on Facebook about Nancy Pelosi this and deep state that to act responsibly on his own accord when he feels sick.

SunTrader and jys78 like this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

As long as it doesn't exceed there hospital capability then it's not an issue, there building extra hospitals so all should be fine.

You can spread before you get sick or with no symptoms so the few that go out, feeling sick isn't going to make much of a difference.

Sweden are 36 days in and 1/7th population of the UK. Deaths 887 * 7 = 6209 so below the UK and 8days further along.

UK's only 28days in Claimed Deaths 9875.

5. southall

southall

Sweden already at equivalent of 30,000 US deaths, if you scale up the population.

They have no plans to flatten the curve. Its just going to keep going up until they either reach herd immunity or they introduce more serious lockdowns.

Herd imunity for a country the size of sweden will happen at around 50,000 deaths.

Maybe they are ok with that and think it is a price worth paying, or maybe they think they can hide the vulnerable and let the rest of the population reach immunity so the totals deaths will be lower some how. They dont allow care home visits at the moment.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    jys78 likes this.
  6. southall

southall

[​IMG]

They will keep going up like that until they take serious measures to flatten the curve.

VPhantom and wrbtrader like this.
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Sweden's death rate of its citizens that have tested positive for Covid-19 is currently around 7.6% whereas the U.S. is around 3.2%.

If that percentage stays nearly the same while the number of infections continue to climb...they will put in stricter measures in comparison to their current "trust" in the people to do the right thing.

https://time.com/5817412/sweden-coronavirus/

wrbtrader

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  8. southall

southall

Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s chief epidemiologist told Swedish TV on April 5 that COVID-19 could be stopped by “herd immunity or a combination of immunity and vaccination.” (A vaccine for COVID-19 is likely at least 14 months away.)

Would be interesting to know what this guys worst case death count is for Sweden with this approach, how many deaths he thinks is acceptable in order to avoid lockdowns.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  9. apdxyk

apdxyk

Their system capacity is lower, btw. No argument about their sense of responsibility. I wonder how that sense of responsibility across the ocean could be compared between the Swedes and Americans of Swedish decent... and between inhabitants of the no-go zones in Sweden and South-Central Los-Angeles or Chicago...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_hospital_beds

Also, they have been quietly practicing Eugenics longest of all us in the West

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  10. zdreg

zdreg

If it fails it may do to the fact that Sweden us no longer the homogeneous country it once was.
    I wish them success as a counter example to the West where citizens are being stripped of their liberties. The cure is likely in my opinion and others worse than the disease.

#10     Apr 11, 2020