surfer rips off employee at pbhfg.org

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by destriero, Jul 11, 2018.

1. destriero

destriero

Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. I was under the impression that TrueType is a marketsurfer surrogate rather than marketsurfer, himself. (TrueType writes better.)

3. destriero

destriero

No, it's Surfer. He's PMed me here a while back to follow-up on a linkedin conversation. Surfer deleted his linkedin profile so ostensibly we continued it here. It was about our/his kids.

The guy he scammed PMed me here (yesterday + email) to link me to the RO Report. Marketeater is another surfer/TT alias. I am not going to reveal who wrote the RO Report (herein, Mr. X), but he's been an ET member for over a decade.

So some local brokerage is cold-called by one of the founders. I am told there was only 3-4 people associated with the Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association at that time in question; Dave, Anna and Mr. X.

Mr. X sells a banner ad for $2K to $3K. Money goes to Surfer's PP account. Mr. X is told by Surfer that deal is dead. Banner ad shows up some days/weeks later on pbhfa.org. Mr. X goes to Surfer with the ad and Surfer tells Mr. X that he will pay him. Months go by and Surfer fails to pay Mr. X so Mr. X leaves PBHFA.

I heard this story direct in 2015 but was reminded if it last night when I received the PM and email. I didn't write the RO Report. I would have loved to do so, but I didn't know the specifics and I am not the injured party.

Surfer states that pbhfa.org is registered as a non-profit, but it is not. It's just a DBA.

4. Well, surf had made clear that he was a big Trump fan. In not meeting his financial obligations, perhaps he was channeling his inner Trump. Self-actualization, and all that.

SunTrader likes this.
  5. destriero

destriero

Obfuscation, although he probably voted for that fellow loser. When Mr. X asked when he would receive the cash, he was told, "I can't; I'm overdrawn." That's Surfer's excuse... Mr. X is owed the money, but Surfer spent the PayPal cash from his absurd site masquerading as a non-profit and can't pay the commission because he's broke.

Living the life, Surf.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

Nah, truetype isn't surfer.

2018-07-11_1016.png

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. But I thought that he had made some pretty good money raising cash for niche funds or some such.

8. destriero

destriero

He marketed for Apogee and the successor Eagle's View. I was his only reference for the job as I had traded for Apogee. Neal asked me about him in a marketing-role and I said why not. Surfer told me that Neal owes him money. And yes, I have a screenshot of that PM to atticus from surfer. The Apogee gig was back in 2004.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  9. Well, his alter ego has a better grasp of English.

10. destriero

destriero

So Surf, you baller you, your only defense from scamming your bud out of his ad-commish is that you're overdrawn?

#10     Jul 11, 2018