Super Strong Volume Today 08-28-08

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aaron Copland, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Agreed.

Aside from some ETF's in the energy sector like the UNG ( traded 31 million shares or 6 times its normal volume ), overall volume on the NYSE and in the DJI was anemic at best.

Quite typical of a Holiday Week.
    :)

#21     Aug 28, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not sure what you're specifically looking at since you don't say. But the ES volume was only slightly greater than yesterday's volume and well below the average volume for the last 20 trading days.

#22     Aug 28, 2008
  3. Super-strong?? Strong??? There isn't even average volume today!! What are you guys smoking? Quote from Briefing.com

Thursday marked another low volume session for stocks......

Trading volume on the NYSE failed to break one billion shares for the ninth straight session. Volume typically exceeds the one billion shares mark with relative ease.

Big vacation week for U.S. that will last until mid next week.

#23     Aug 28, 2008
  4. We had 3 up day plus DELL bad news. Tomorrow is more likely a range or a down day. Unless they break the 1300 level aggressively.

#24     Aug 28, 2008
  5. Geesh what took you so long? I was hoping to get slammed a lot quicker. Glad someone was paying attention.

#25     Aug 28, 2008
  6. Well let hopefull see what happens tomorrow
    thank to Dell the nasdaq might see a tuff time
    But i think there is a lot of short covering coming in before GS earning report and there will be more covering ( short Squeeze ) coming in till september.
    only after that we will know where we really are
    I wish i had bought Abk For 1.27 right now $7.00
    Mbia at $5.00 now at $13 i think :(
    Mer i got in at $25 but now only $27.50 WTF

#26     Aug 28, 2008
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

----Volume is a consideration that can largely be ignored. It is not an essential element for successful trading and is easily misinterpreted. Thank you for your time.

#27     Aug 29, 2008
  8. i guess there is more covering coming in today
    Does any one know when Gold Man Sack is reporting i know it is next month

#28     Aug 29, 2008
  9. Your opinion is duly noted and will be strongly disagreed with. Thank you for your time.

#29     Aug 29, 2008
  10. Volume isnt important? ha.

#30     Aug 29, 2008