Suggest a good forex workshop

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by buccas13, Feb 18, 2010.

1. buccas13

buccas13

Hi,

I'm a retail forex trader. After going thru the new trader syndrome, I've learned few things and I'm looking forward to my journey ahead. By reading few famous threads on the forums I've been able to devise my plan.

I wanted to attend courses conducted on trading, my idea is to know different perspectives that exists. I personally feel that by incorporating new perspectives I'll be able to make my plan better. I'm looking for small changes to my method of going about my work plan.

I know one course conducted by Chris Lori. Can any one suggest me workshops conducted by traders with good track record. I'm not looking for buying a course online like webinar and books and cds.

I'm looking for classroom based sessions. Please advice me of any workshops you all know of.

Regards,
    buccas13

2. I was a member of Chris' Pro Traders Club for about 3 or 4 months in the fall of 09. it literally transformed my trading. i went from breaking even to being consistently profitable. i eventually stopped the service because i didn't need it anymore. i had a lot of education and market experience leading up to that point though, so i don't want to say everyone will get the same results.

he's definitely the real deal though. he is a cta with a fund named seaview capital based out of singapore.

3. >>>> Can any one suggest me workshops conducted by traders with good track record. <<<<

www.cometopapa.com

www.eifuku.com

for both sites, before clicking, please pronounce them out aloud.

>>> I'm looking for classroom based sessions. Please advice me of any workshops you all know of. <<<<

www.baron.com

4. bone

bone

Get on the CME Globex website under educational resources - lots of great and free info/pdfs

5. buccas13

buccas13

Thanks Prestonhouse, Deadbroke and bone.

I've already got in touch with Chris Lori and found two his workshop available on the p2p which I'm almost about to complete. Yes it has increased my understanding of the market movements.

Deadbroke, I'll surely visit the websitews you have mentioned and the second website name is interesting.

Bone, do you trade spreads? I'm clueless about it, but I been told that Bill WIlliam's fractals work good in spreads trading. Can you please recommend any good book to help me understand spreads and trading spreads.

Thanks & Regards.

6. bone

bone

I really can't recommend a singular 'book' per se on spread trading, since I have never been able to find a text to be the definitive reference on the topic (like Murphy on Technical Analysis). "Trading Pairs" by Whistler is great if you don't bias yourself torwards CFD and concentrate on replicating his techniques for constructing spread positions. "Modeling Financial Time Series with S-Plus" by Zivot and Wang is a very good reference for using statistical fitness tools.

Again, the CME website educational resources has plenty of very good info on spread trading. Some particular forex spreads that i like are the Canadian Dollar vs. Euro and the Aussie Dollar vs. Euro. The problem with using the CME futures instead of the cash is that there are some inherent tail risk issues that are more easily resolved with the cash. But I digress.