Success

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Nov 26, 2006.

1. I want to become the most successful trader in the world as soon as possible.
    In your opinion, should i apply to GHCO or Geneva, or trade on my own?

I have traded stocks for about 1 1/2 years in 2000/2001. In that period I broke even. Didn't have a real plan then, just traded the hot stock of the day. I did this alone from my own office.

Restarted trading recently, from home, mostly options and futures now. Doubled my account in 3 months and then proceeded to blow it up.
    I'm now in the process of getting some $ together to fund another account.

1)Do you think it is possible to become a highly successfully retail trader or should I apply somewhere?
    2) what are the benefits of leasing a seat on the cbot? I know that you pay lower commissions but are there any more positives?
    3)Also, I live in europe, is that a disadvantage in your opinion, or should i move to US? (geneva has an office in dublin, and ghco in london though)

Sorry for the ramblings but I feel like being at this sort of juncture in my life, and this is an important time for me, and i would appreciate someone else's opinions

At the moment I'm working on a new strategy (with proper risk management) which looks good. Or is this just a waste of time and should I get training from a firm.

And no, I won't give up.

2. if u b/e durin' the most profitable and easy money years ever u'll struggle hard with this puppy.
    mkt is now overcrowded and tight as a vergin ass.

3. Lets take a look at this. I parsed your post up below, but the progression is interesting.

I think it is too important to you what others think about you. Now please ...I could be wrong, so no offense intended. You ask for opinions and I want to help...If this pricks your insides...then I suggest you develop a plan and let anything roll off of you...some posts about to come will be your test...

Michael B.

I want to become the most successful trader in the world as soon as possible.

Do you think it is possible to become a highly successfully retail trader or should I apply somewhere

Sorry for the ramblings but I feel like being at this sort of juncture in my life, and this is an important time for me, and i would appreciate someone else's opinions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doubled my account in 3 months and then proceeded to blow it up.

And no, I won't give up.

4. No offence taken electricsavant.
    Maybe it's true that i find it too important what others think about me. It surely has been this way in the past. I thought i got over that issue myself, perhaps i need to work on it a bit more.

When i typed "I want to become the most successful trader in the world as soon as possible" I meant I want to try and become as successful as possible, I'm well aware that this might not happen.

it's just that when i was talking to this dealer at an i bank yesterday, that it reminded me of what a passion i have for the market.

oh man, they'll give me hell for that original post, lol

5. I think my main issue is, what is the fastest way to success.
    Trading at a firm or on your own?

6. Did you ever consider a prop shop?
    Other wise I would trade for a company, maybe 5+ years. Then I would trade for my self after I had became 90% profitable. Listen to ElectricSavant, he knows what he is talking about. He is a CTA and traded for funds. :D Really, really listen to him.