Stupid tradestation

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by RoughTrader, Aug 30, 2007.

1. f*cking network outtage and can't cover my shorts. These guys are class A clowns. Future trade desk telephones are clogged to sh*t too.

I'm moving the rest of this TS money over to IB.

RoughTrader

2. really shitty timing, right? it's messing me up over here too

3. bh_prop

bh_prop

Yep, think TS contributed to the lunch hour panic today. What seems really cheesy to me is how they disabled the contacts section of their website, saying it was down for maintenance. I am currently on hold 30 minutes and counting. The worst thing is not knowing your actual position . . .

4. I should have SAR'ed to go long ES at 1461.25. Instead I'm chewing on this nice size loser.

BIATCHES!!! Open up the telephone lines!!!

Online TS support also down.

RoughTrader

5. greddy

greddy

I heard good things about Infinity Brokerage. They apparently answer the phone promptly, and fills are fast.

I also have TS for futures, and yes customer service sucks. Once I start trading larger size contracts, there is no way I will use TS for that.

6. I trade a relatively small size account at TS just to cover the costs of the software platform. My real trading is over at IB.

This is a good lesson, however. It might not be a bad idea to have accounts at different brokerages so that if this shit happens it can be delta hedged with another brokerage.

RoughTrader

7. Is this just a rant on them for today or is this something that happens consistently because i just signed over with them on my ES account. --?

~Cx

8. It doesn't happen often...it IS a good lesson in always entering a hard stop-loss order regardless of which firm you trade with.

9. bh_prop

bh_prop

"Is this just a rant on them for today or is this something that happens consistently because i just signed over with them on my ES account. --?"

Good question. I have been trading with them since January 2007 and there have been sporadic instances where the trade sever has went down but I was *always* able to get through to the trade desk on the phone. Today that was not the case and the outage was close to an hour - unacceptable

10. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

I think that's an excellent idea. And if you're going to keep a back-up account somewhere, it's nice to find one with low margins so you don't have to commit a lot of funds there to place the trades you need to. I hope you all didn't get hurt too badly.

Best Regards,

#10     Aug 30, 2007