Study: More signs of a bull market top and start of a bear market in 2019

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Troy Bombardia, Oct 18, 2018.

1. The U.S. stock market is showing more signs that the bull market will peak in 2019.

The housing sector is starting to deteriorate a little bit. Housing leads the business cycle.

Meanwhile, the current correction is likely to be one of the last corrections before this bull market ends in mid-2019

https://bullmarkets.co/bull-market-top-2019/

2. ET180

ET180

No one knows where the top will be. Personally, I think we'll get one more run at S&P3000 by year end. January should be good too, but there's a trillion ways to mess up that forecast.

3. maxinger

maxinger

What is worrying is when market crashes, it is not easy to earn $$ through day trading even though the opportunity is very hugh.
    there will be terrible internet lag, computer/chart might freeze due to extreme volume.
    Movement is going to be violent, erratic.

You probably have to increase your stop loss by 2, 3 or even 4 times.
    So be mentally prepared for such market condition.
    Best is go trading house and trade to minimise internet lag computer / chart freeze problem.

or perhaps do swing trading. similarly stop loss has to be increased drastically.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i just want the market to move any direction - me=trader / you=investor / i=take your money lol

maxinger and smallfil like this.
  5. maxinger

maxinger

you are right mister.
    Market up we simply long the market.
    Market down we simply short the market.
    Market sideway we simply sell options.

me= trader
    they= investor
    I = take investor $$$

MarkBrown and smallfil like this.
  6. smallfil

smallfil

There is monies to be made in the stockmarket. Be it up, down or even sideways. If you are a position trader, you would just hold because the longer term trend is up. Traders just get in and then, out of positions seeking profits.

7. southall

southall

Never had any such problems when the VIX was >100 in 2008.
    And now computers and internet is 10x faster than they were back then.
    Not only is my PC 10x faster it also has 10 times the memory and SSDs

yc47ib likes this.