Structural Change....Like It Or Not

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Nov 19, 2008.

1. A total structural change....is all about...in the air in the US.....and is going to happen....like it or not....

What has to occur.....

A manufacturing base has to be established....and be able to sell its products at competitive prices throughout the world....

Legal largesse has seen its day....in the prices of US made products.....to the degree it is lawyers that are directly responsible for high production costs in the US.....and thus the sole reason for manufacturing leaving US soil....

High educational costs .....and its favoratism type approach....will burp and belch its way ....to the new internet model....that any individual can have access to....

The tax structure has to change to a consumption tax only.....All US citizens need to keep what they make...as well as companies....any tax needs above this take....will have to be aborted....Also....the governments approach needs to be township based....for management purposes.....Anyone even resembling special interest representation will not be allowed in the local internet vote type process....

There needs to be a new worldwide exchange...that is fair...and no longer delivered by the likes of a GS or MS....The world has learned its lesson about money the hard way because of their trust for these type firms....But on the other hand...can thank them....otherwise no proper changes would have been made....

Medicine.......has been far too fat....for far too long....

Structural change is in the wind......

Like it or not.......

2. so you think actual debt level are not too big to finance the infrastructure investment? so no need for more tax to keep interest rate low..?

3. clacy

clacy

I agree that major shifts are going to take place in all of the topics that you mentioned. Some of them will take decades and others will happen over the next several years.

Medicine will likely be one of the more dramatic changes and will happen at a pretty astounding rate, IMO.

4. Libertad, I think free internet education is already here.
    Libraries are online, and free. Very few will take advantage of it, but it does exist.
    Just a positive note on a very down day.
    Ian

5. it does exist to a limited extent..

6. Yeah...I know where you are coming from.....

What this is about is efficiency.....and has to be in a hurry....

................................................................................

Here the big fat costs that have to be reduced....

Houses
    Cars
    Credit Cards
    Legal
    Medical
    Education

The near term shock is the change from average credit
    of $250,000 in total per household for the above items for maybe
    55% of the population to less than $100,000 for maybe 15% of the population.........

Knowing this......efficiency has to happen.....

7. Yes...that HAS to change. The question is...will it before the US economy collapses or everyone leaves. I dont think we can do it voluntarily. I think this model will have to be forced on us.

I think the bloated cost of education will send alot of americans to other countries to study. Why study in america when you can go to a school thats just as good for 30% of the cost or less. For instance. To get a Commerical pilots license in the US will run you about 50-60k dollars for all the schooling/plane rentals/ect.
    In india, it costs about 18k. How about regular universities? Well University of philippines will run you about $7,200 for your classes....No...thats not per semester...thats for the entire 4 years! Not to mention housing is cheaper. 100 bucks per month. Visa is 100 bucks per year. Food is dirt cheap there. Books are the only other expense that will get you...they are pretty much the same price as here and can end up costing more than the class!

If you go to "community college" It costs about 5 dollars per unit.

Gotta wonder why anyone would spend 100k on an education here, when they can save 85k on an education in another country.

8. Hey Libertad,

Is this you?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms0hugRkgv8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms0hugRkgv8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. I would say, that phillipine will see some structural problems too.

So studying in that envirronment won't be fun enough for most people.

But yes, the solution looks right for the wisest.