Strange bars on IB charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DiceAreCast, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Has anyone else noticed some weird red and green bars across IB charts? I have literally glanced at IB charts from time to time for over 15 years now. First time this has occurred and it first popped up about 1-2 months ago. This now happens almost every day, sometimes refreshing the chart makes it disappear but then it pops up elsewhere later on. @def, any idea what is going on? I am a long time customer with a larger account and the recent issues keep on piling up...should we start to wonder?

upload_2020-12-17_17-28-54.png

upload_2020-12-17_17-29-13.png

upload_2020-12-17_17-29-30.png

upload_2020-12-17_17-29-52.png

2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

TWS sucks...IB knows it sucks...They dont care to fix or improve it really. Support straight told me other day they view themselves as only a Broker. "Its in the name Interactive Brokers". So you should just be thankful for the software they give you. The shitty performance is the way it is and dont expect changes anytime soon.

3. Disagree overall Re TWS. I have had very few issues over the years and charting worked more or less for the past 10 years straight (for my purposes at least). This year has been a shit show on a technical level. If a single comparable incident happened in the back or middle office I would have shut my accounts a long time ago. So it's mostly technical issues but the frequency starts to concern me. And if long term customers start to worry then I am not surprised newer accounts don't put much faith into the current offering.

4. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

You may just not be pushing TWS as hard as I and some other people are then...you only have to look at this other thread where a guy and I have the same issue trying to be power users

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...d-still-experiences-slowness-with-tws.353904/

5. Is 9 displays with various tws screens, charts, vol surfaces, option trading screens, fx quote monitors, power user enough for you? Sorry not buying your argument. I have used tws most likely longer than you (unless you were an IB customer from the very beginning) and I beg to disagree with your points, made.

6. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

I can send you videos, as I've offered IB, of tws charts lagging and frozen at market open, being slow to load charts or not loading them at all, all while being under the 100 lines of data limit. There seems to be a particular issue of loading multiple charts with the same ticker on different time frames. Some kinda, I don't even know what to call it, throttling or delay that occurs like you pinging the server too much/often.

User in the thread I linked has same issue

7. I do load identical tickers on 4 different time frames and that for years. I do use almost 200 data lines (booster packages). Your issues are highly likely originating on your machine. And that's anyway not the point of this thread. You apparently don't know what issue I am speaking of. Anyway thanks for chiming in.