Stop Failure to Execute on IB

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by bluedemon77, Mar 6, 2008.

1. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

TWS did recognize the position, just not immediately. Some kind of technical hiccup I guess. I used Scottrade two brokers ago. They have different problems making them not worth the extra commissions to me.

#11     Mar 14, 2008
  2. GANGof4: What is the IB tcker symbol for the HSI future index? I've looked it up but couldn't find it.

#12     Mar 14, 2008
  3. GANG: Nevermind. I swear I tried HSI the other night and couldn't get a hit. I'm getting it now.

#13     Mar 14, 2008
  4. I've been trading Asian futures pretty consistently over the past 6 months through IB and I haven't had any problems. I can only think of two occasions where the screen went pink (or blank), and it was only for a minute at the max. My account sits on the Hong Kong server BTW. IB isn't perfect but they are a darn good broker in my opinion. Try and find another broker with access to so many overseas markets w/ low commissions... they are unmatched from what I can find.

FWIW, on the last upgrade of TWS it unselected the check-box that allows stops to be triggered outside of normal hours. I had to go back in and select it after upgrading.

#14     Mar 14, 2008
  5. You are right, IB may be the best we can get, other brokers do not look as established/solid/large as IB. got to go with the best available and tolerate its defects.

#15     Mar 14, 2008
  6. craigs21

craigs21

The Hong Kong server seems to be the key. IB told me to switch to the Hong Kong server to eliminate my problems with late night FX trading.

Do you trade during US hours? Have you had any problems at that time?

#16     Mar 15, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Anyones else get any words of wisdom from IB on this issue?

OCO exit orders are not getting sent to the exchange more and more often.

#17     Mar 19, 2008
  8. craigs21

craigs21

I'm in the process of switching my server to Hong Kong. I'll update based on my experiences.

#18     Mar 19, 2008
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Being in the US I sure hate the thought of that being the cure, for me anyway.

#19     Mar 19, 2008
  10. been daytrading ES and FESX on IB for a year now, i have not experienced anything like this where orders dont show up etc.

on fed 200B monday last week i had upgraded my tws and zeroline software the night before and my stops didnt exit my 2 lot ES short at -20ticks. Instead I came back and was -100...but i think this may have been a zeroline bug, not a tws one.

i had orders defaulted to trigger outside reg hours, and i think zeroline had a bug where it sent them without (normally works fine). since then i upgraded ZLT again and everything is back to normal.

just thought id post for info purposes if any1 else had similar probs :)

#20     Mar 19, 2008