Stocks that will shine....

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Apr 5, 2020.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

I held off on posting this.... I wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong.
    Pretty sure I wasn't so here ya go....
    Lowes is down 30%
    It had been lower.
    I say go ahead and buy it at $82. In a big way.
    HD has already bounced a little.
    (Buy $LOW, sell high?). Right.

For real though... buy this thing hand over foot and don't look at it for a year.
    If it drops, buy more and give it 2 years.

I didn't post it because I wanted to make sure what I saw wasn't a one-off event. It wasn't. Confirmed it yesterday AND today. Made 2 calls to friends in flyover states.... yep, busy there too. I guess home improvement is an essential business. And prices are off the charts. They make more damn money selling ton's of sub-$10 crap than they do selling a $2000 riding lawnmower. But whatever, that's always been the model.... that said.... they are packed. As are the HD's.... but Lowes has room to bounce nicely near term as a trade and long term as an investment. HD on a fundy basis is a tad more pricey. It has a bigger divy though. 3.6 vs 2.7

So whatever.... Buy either or ($82/$178). I like Lowes though for this weeks trade. And long term if one assumes America will be fine, pretty sure at this level when it bounces with the markets... long term, it'll outperform the indexes as an investment.

I like it as a trade this week though. I was soooo hoping the futures would be red tonight. Grab this pig at $78ish. Oh well. All's well I guess. Corona's on the run. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Edmond likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

how about looking for stocks that will trend nicely ?
    better to look for that

3. EsKiller

EsKiller

Vanzandt has had a bunch of big winners from his recommendations here

4. maxinger

maxinger

right. he is a great guy.

5. SteveM

SteveM

I also like hotels, REITs, airlines, energy.

JetBlue - stock 70% off all-time high, better cost structure and debt profile than the legacy carriers, lack of exposure to EU/China international travel.

Marathon Oil MRO - enterprise value implies it's proven reserves are only worth $2.20 per barrel (located in Texas, Dakotas)....that seems awfully low to me.

Park Hotels PK - stock down 70% from price 12 months ago, incredible portfolio of irreplaceable hotel assets in high end markets like Hawaii oceanfront and downtown Chicago.

NRZ - dividend cut, stock 75% off price from 12 months ago, numerous insiders buying.

DXC - cloud/tech turnaround story, David Einhorn was a buyer at $32 six months ago, stock is currently trading 70% below his entry price.

-------------------

There certainly will be bumps along the way, but I believe an investor who bought this basket of stocks and held for 5 years would likely see a cumulative 300% return.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

I like Park Hotels too. For the long haul that is.

Lowes hit $96 today. It closed at $91. Up another 2.5% while overall the markets ended flat.
    It may or may not pull back some. It probably will, that's my guess.

Interesting the Naz 100 was down .4% today though. That's not a good sign really. I mean granted its still overpriced, but that shouldn't matter when considering the herd mentality. It led this bounce. I have not looked at today's volume yet. I still think we're in for a nice short squeeze, yesterday was round one, today round two... but we'll see. The super-'puters need to battle it out.

Long term we're gonna adjust lower... confident af in that.

SteveM likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Anybody graced a Lowes or Home Depot lately?
    Every day of the week is like a Sunday there. F'rs are packed.
    Lowes is at $103 now.

ironchef and SteveM like this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great call. I should have bought. :(

Next time I won't ignore your advice.

9. never2old

never2old

end of 2020 Airlines & Cruise lines, a minimum double from last week Friday close prices

AAL or DAL

CCL or NCLH

10. never2old

never2old

did you jump in on wayfair?

#10     Apr 28, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.