Stock Picks for an UP day Monday 7/14

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by $CostAverageMAN, Jul 13, 2008.

1. 1st off I would like to say that this section "Stocks" has fallen apart during this Bear Market.....It's been just one headline after another about the same crap I can watch on CNBC/Bloomberg

......Come on ET Contributors...We are all watching charts/level 2's all day and the best we can come up with is a repost of what the WSJ has to say.....You got hundreds of stocks that are off 40+% from their highs and no one here feels like trying to point out a few capitulating bottoms in anything...

As a NO BRANINER example....

RECESSION=DRUG STOCKS....

HERE IS JUST A SIMPLE LIST OF PROFITABLE DRUG/BIO STOCKS (all making the owners money during the past few weeks/months) AZN, NVS, ELN, SGP, CELG, MYGN, ONXX, APPX, EBS, VRX, ALXN, NPSP, VPHM, PDLI, OSIP, KG, AMGN, WYE, ALKS, CEPH, UTHR, GSK, NOVN, ILMN, ABT, DNA, TECH, FRX, GENZ, JNJ GILD, BIIB, SNY

I was kind enough to leave out the unprofitable ones like.....HLAO, VVUS, AUXL, SQNM, CBRX, AFFY, SLXP, SVNT, CYTK,

(The point is all these names have been a place where you didn't loose any money over the last few months and I don't think I ever saw a single post from anyone about hiding out in some drug names during this nasty little bear market we are in......Recession usually equals Utility and Drugs to out perform....BTW you missed the entry on this hiding spot...So lets go try and find the next industry/stocks)

So I would like to start this thread for people to share what stocks they feel have been oversold and due for a modest increase in price by executing a swing trade....Basically what are you looking to go long when the market starts to recover/bear market rally kind of day.....

I'm not looking for "Ideas"...Let me get that out of the way....Trust me my screener has pointed out plenty of setups to keep me busy for Monday, but lets try to impress each other here.....

BTW...It's Sunday Night and if you really are a swing trader you should have at least looked at a few hundred setups by now to plan your day for Monday....Checked out Asia's open, read any news wire buzz, Know what the FOREX majors/Commodities look like in early trading......GET A GOOD NIGHT OF SLEEP....Get up early, re-check the news wire buzz, Look at strength/weakness in Europe/Asian Industries, Merger News, Geo Political Buzz, Possible Congressional Bills up for the week and understand what economic data is coming out over the next few days and how Pos./Neg. data could effect your positions....BTW if it is believed to be Positive data out on Thursday for a certain data point they are buying that sector on Monday and selling into the news on Thursday((VISE VERSA for Negative News))...Try to be a step ahead...Proactive and reactive at the same time.....

OK sorry about the RANT...Just going over what My Sunday nights are mostly like when I perceive that we are going to open strong on Monday......BTW Not every dam stock GAPS ups, but can very easily catch up to the rest of the market by 9:32am.....Proactive and reactive at the same time.....

Please give at least a reason with your pick if you choose to participate....

I will come back to this thread around premarket open to contribute myself.....Good Hunting to you all.....

BTW...Can you just tell how bored I am with a mostly Cash portfolio!!!

$COSTAverageMAN