Still searching for a Global stop loss risk management tool

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by traderjo, Oct 17, 2019.

1. traderjo

traderjo

Hello traders and broker reps
    I am still searching for a Global stop loss risk management tool
    Ideally within IB but if not then other broker / other platform
    Please PM to discuss further
    Is there any software risk management tool or service at retail level within IB (futures) where an account owner can manage the account risk independent of the 3rd party trader!
    Let me explain
    The functionality I am looking for is>
    - Lets say a 3rd party trader is going to trade my futures account under a LPOA via his api LINKED TO MY IB account.

Lets say account has 10,000 in it and I want "ALL positions closed IF net liquidity goes down to a pre determined level " say 9200

I call it "Global Stop loss level"

- If this stop loss is hit then I want The account to be halted so no new trades can be placed without me authorizing it

- If such facility is available how would it work with slippage

- If such facility is available how would it work in case of a black swan event.

- The positions may go overnight not just day trading.

- I want to set this GSL independent of the trader and the trader should not be able to change it. somewhat similar to this FXCM tool

https://www.fxcmapps.com/apps/close-trades/

- Can I restrict the account so that it only trades one specific instrument in this case ES futures and trader by accident can't trade anything else.
    - I want this feature as set and forget so I dont have to watch what the trader is doing 24/6

2. dozu888

dozu888

You are trading with scared money. Don’t do it.

3. gaussian

gaussian

Hire and risk management and compliance team.

Why would it even cross your mind to seek for such an order? Program something to monitor account balances. Risk management isn’t a hands off deal, otherwise major firms wouldn’t staff entire floors with risk managers.

4. traderjo

traderjo

If I was that big I would hire a team.. I am trying to find a simpler solution at retail level

5. RedDuke

RedDuke

NinjaTrader allows you to code this easily. Let's say you connected to IB, you load your script on 1 min or 3 sec or what ever chart, and ping on FirstTickofBar IB to get current balance, and if it falls below a level in your script parameters, you tell strategy to close all positions.

Example,

if(Account.Get(AccountItem.CashValue, Currency.UsDollar)<9000){

add logic to close all posiitons

}

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. traderjo

traderjo

The traders algo is designed for IB ( APi I think) and reluctant to change it! also What I am looking for has to be such that the trader can't change it at his end!

7. qlai

qlai

Wouldn't the traders be able to do whatever they want directly via TWS?

8. traderjo

traderjo

Yes I guess but I want to restrict that like that Global Stop loss I mentioned ..in my OP

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not following you??? You can program it in such way that only you can change parameters.