Steve or Def from IB- could you explain this (log attached)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gangof4, Aug 14, 2007.

1. gangof4

gangof4

i placed a stop order @ 12309 that was acknowledged- as you can see from the log below.

the HHI traded thru my stop @ just after 21.00 (obviously, i'm PST in the US). it traded above and below my stop price (12309) for 3 minutes and i was not executed- it just sat there in regular 'blue' status as if my stop had not been hit. please look @ T&S, you'll see.

finally, 3 MINUTES LATER, it executed @ 12305. it, of course, should have executed when it hit my stop (there were trades @ 12309- i think i should have been filled @ the limit.

of course, the real problem is not the 4 point slippage, it's the 3 minute slippage! what in the world happened here? i assume my limit and stop orders sit on your server, since i've had executions with TWS shut down. so, given that, how would 3 minutes go by?

ok, here's the log, which makes no sense to me whatsoever (i did not do anything- cancel or otherwise try to alter/resubmit or do anything to the order during this time).

thanks.

20:51:31 System: Acknowledged SELL 1 HHIQ7 HHI.HK AUG07 Futures aux. price 12309 on HKFE
    21:03:11 System: Working SELL 1 HHIQ7 HHI.HK AUG07 Futures aux. price 12309 on HKFE
    21:03:12 System: Acknowledged by exchange SELL 1 HHIQ7 HHI.HK AUG07 Futures aux. price 12309 on HKFE
    21:03:12 System: Sold 1 HHIQ7 HHI.HK AUG07 Futures @12305 on HKFE

2. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Please send a ticket so we can retrieve your audit trails and take a look. It'll be a merry-go-round if we keep replying to order issues here..

3. gangof4

gangof4

ok, i will; and i understand your point.

that said, i have yet to have IB ever respond to a trouble ticket- that's why i posted it here- as i know that here i'll get a response.

4. simki

simki

Gof4... if you could... after you have resolved the ticket with IB....

Could you let us know what went wrong ?

I trade HKFE products.. so i would be interested to know what's wrong....

thanks

5. gangof4

gangof4

will do. it's a pretty odd looking log, isn't it. even more so if you look @ T&S along side.