Sterling Trader Pro: What are "irregular trades"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by PinterBagz, May 21, 2018.

1. Hello,

I had a question for Sterling Trader Pro users.

In the Times & Sales window of Sterling Trader Pro, some trades are marked as irregular trade. I was wondering if anyone knows what these trades are?

Also, How do you figure out if the irregular trade is an aggressive buy or sell?

I have included pictures of the Times & Sales window and the color settings. Irregular trades are in orange.

Thanks.

upload_2018-5-21_17-1-13.png upload_2018-5-21_17-2-36.png

• An irregular trade is a trade that takes advantage of loopholes in the trading platform, network delay, network failure, quote error or pricing system fault.
    • A red flag could be a sudden increase in the number of contracts you trade and withdraw requests.

2. I see. Thank you for your response.

Any idea if these trades take orders off the book? Because some of the trades are happening at, for example, 15.255 even though the best bid/ask is 15.25/15.26. If they do take orders off the book, how do I tell if the trade was an aggressive buy or sell?

Thanks.

3. I don't know.

IMO .... I think irregular trades is an internal matter with your broker and they might use it as an excuse to hold back funds during a withdraw.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If you are a Sterling Trader User, why not call support in the morning. If I had to guess, an irregular trade is a trade made outside an ECN or exchange like a dark pool.

5. zdreg

zdreg

late/delayed trade report?