Sterling Trader Large CPU usage

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by proptrader911, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Hi fellow traders,

I have an issue with Sterling Trader Pro. It keeps on using large part of my CPU and becomes laggy. I dont believe this is a computer issue because I’ve traded on Fusion and Takion, often times at the same time and never had such an issue with Fusion, Takion or trading with them simultaneously. Do you know what might the issue be and a possible fix?

Thank you!

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Have you tried to contact Sterling support? I have a number of Sterling users and none of them have had this complaint? One of my clients used to open the maximum number of options order tickets, and still had no problems.

3. I had the same problem with tradestation. Over 90% cpu usage on dual quad core xeons. The app slowed down over time. Had to reboot and restart the app periodically. CPU usage went to 99% usage around closing bell, occasionally locked up my workstation, then dropped off to minimal afterwards. Worked with their tech team for weeks, just a waste of time.
    Eventually dropped tradestation.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. Interesting. I wonder if high UDP load (too many data packets received) at session end was causing the extreme CPU usage problem.

Gotta say this about TS: Love the look of their charts, but they have never really been a high performance platform. Not sure what they are like these days.

5. Guys,

Can we please stick to Sterling.

Thank you!

6. Yes, i’ve been communicating with them constantly. So far there is no fix. That is why I am looking for other users who had a similar issue. So far it seems that the CPU issue is escalated when multiple watchlists and charts are used at the same time... other users with less powerfull PCs don’t have that issue while having more than 20 watchlists and many charts at the same time.

7. jharmon

jharmon