Stage 5 Review

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by caacapital, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Note I haven't used Stage 5 in a few months. I was introduced to them from an educator(Major League Trading). I'm also a follower of futurestrader71.

Pros
    they are accommodating on commissions, They have built in statistics, access to chatroom(although I havent found a live trading chatroom that is truly interactive not including stocktwits), wide variety of platforms available.

Cons
    For me I still have a 9-5 so I was looking for a good mobile trading platform. I had td mobile which is a pretty good platform(i actually prefer making trades on the mobile rather than the desktop version). it stales when i enter options orders on the open and close some days but for the most part it works. the iphone OEC mobile is complete garbage stalls constantly slow to accept orders, sometimes an order was entered and you wont know because of the stalling, the most important con is the process to make withdraws is a manual process sending an email and they are always followed with a phone call to make sure your certain you want to remove funds. It took several attempts for me to close my account its like going into a car dealership taking a test drive and you not liking the car but the sales person is still trying to get you to buy the car that was very annoying because I lost even more money.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Are they a prop firm or broker offering futures accounts?
    What FCM do they use.

On a side note, I have a client using CQG QTrader which come with CQG-Mobile. He is very happy with the Mobile and almost never uses QTrader.

3. They are a futures Brokerage. I tried CQG Mobile/Web I didnt like either I was looking for delta bars at the time

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I have never used it. I don't have high expectations from a mobile platform. I think they're great if you can monitor your orders and your P&L and adjust prices on orders in your order book. . Anything else will never be as good as a desktop platfrom.

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

6. Update: I decided to open another account with Stage 5 my tradovate membership expired and the commissions really dont make sense for me to not explore other options I will still use my topstep account on the tradovate trader. There online platform is the best I've used though when its really volatile it stalls a bit. But since I chart with Sierra and have bookmap. It makes more sense to go back to S5 there is no fee to connect external software like there is with tradovate and commissions are lower although it was only an extra $15 and a few cents routing fee per trade still makes sense to reduce cost where possible. I found a way to get desktop versions to trade when Im not on my home laptop. Im suprised there really is no good mobile trading app I've found the best I've used is Robinhood the interface is not very good but it works no stalling crashing etc.