SPCE

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dealmaker, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Last October, Virgin Galactic (SPCE:US) became the first publicly-traded space flight company and investors begun flocking to the newly-issued SPAC warrants for a foothold in the new space race. Who will dominate private space tourism?

Richard Branson announced on CNBC that he would be taking a private citizen into space in 2020.

from SumZero

Nobert likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

We had some private chat about SPCE, with one of the members.
    ( il keep him anonymous)

My thoughts copy paste :

Hmnn future earnings , approximate calculation :

Ticket price - $250 000.

Millionaires as to this day, globally - 40 000 000

Probably not that many, in sane mind would spend 25% of their net worth for a space flight, unless it's a childhood dream or dying wish, thus the market for this service, has a lowest entry point of $5 000 000 in net worth (?)

>DATA unknown<

Let's go for multimillionaires, $30 000 000 or more.

In US - aprox 80 000.

Then globally - 150 000 / 200 000 (?)

Still people could afford it from , let's say $5 000 000.

Then it turns , to 1 000 000 of potential clients.

How many of those 1M clients - is the potential market
    (people that were dreaming about it or it's a dying man's wish, if they don't care about the money, then they have to be above those $20M which reduces the potential market of clients ) ?

How much , of the market share, it will loose, once Space-X , will launch flights to Mars for $250 000 ? ( or goes IPO, although Elon don't want that )

What if Space-X ensures the safety of those 30 min inter-continental rocket flights, which would serve as alternative to the space flight and journey at the same time ?

Why so far, only 600 people have reserved a seat to date, since it works from 2004 ?

,, September 2004 Sir Richard Branson announces launch of Virgin Galactic, saying passengers could be flown into space by 2007-08 ,,

So far, it's only 0.1% of potential market, that have shown interest, after 15 years of company existence (honestly, should be even lower)

While in the same time :

,,February 2008
    The first Tesla Roadster was delivered in February 2008''

My point is :

• The progress is slow compering with competition
    • The CEO of main competing company, is twice if not three times more charismatic/inspiring (that works...)
    • 15 years, no earnings as up to date. It's terrible actually (?)
    • 15 years, almost no interest at all, compering with the projects of competitor
    • The competition is planning cheaper & more exciting services/types of traveling

Nobert, Nov 22, 2019

3. S2007S

S2007S

I think this stock is being hyped because it's the only company now making space travel to the elite. Been following it since it went public but now it feels like "fear of missing out" once again is starting to jolt the stock higher. I know this stock is moving based on future profits and more people wanting to travel to space but with the costs of this adventure costing 6 figures who knows how many people will be willing to drop that amount. For now the hype is really getting people to jump into this stock.

4. comagnum

comagnum

I had been looking at this on Friday. It had a rocket launching pad chart pattern.

This company also caters to researchers - there may still a lot of upside since NASA's glory days are long gone, only time will tell.

upload_2020-2-18_15-14-59.png

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  5. Overnight

Overnight

We will not be launching "tourist flights to Mars" in this century. Anyone who thinks we will has been watching too much Showtime.

6. Nobert

Nobert

It's 80 more years Overnight, so, who knows, im neutral on it.

From 300 to 600 both ways, yet some people would definitely do that :

- I took a trip around the world, - have you ever been somewhere ?
    - Yes, i took a trip around the solar system, to mars and back
    - o_O:fistbump::thumbsup:
    "

7. S2007S

S2007S

I totally agree...they cant even fix the infrastructure here on planet earth and people think we are heading to mars in this century. Haaa. Yea not happening anytime soon. This whole talk of space travel and space living is just to create a whole other industry. The only ones that will afford any space travel will be the elite. So forget about the others who hope this will become a reality because its many many many decades and probably generations away.

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

Too late to get in on this? I got Tesla bubble envy

9. S2007S

S2007S

Wait till drops back below 20.

10. Magna

Magna Administrator

There is a 3-month ongoing thread regarding the stock SPCE, so this thread is closed to avoid duplication.

#10     Feb 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.