Spanish89's Daily Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by spanish89, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trendy

trendy

What is the margin requirement to trade 1 contract?

#21     Aug 14, 2008
  2. What does CL mean sorry mate??

And im not sure what the term 'margin' means, since i use a spead betting firm not broker, so its slightly different.

Its 100:1 leverage though, and you need min stoploss 100ticks for oil futures (£170 cash required).

#22     Aug 14, 2008

3. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

#23     Aug 14, 2008
  4. CL is the symbol on Nymex for Crude Oil.

I take it you are spread betting with a bucket shop, so you would not know this.

#24     Aug 15, 2008
  5. Lol

Yeah i use a spread betting site for trading instead of a broker. :)

So for me crude oil is just curde oil. lol

#25     Aug 15, 2008
  6. ROFLMAO......your account is dropping faster than a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat..

This should be interesting to see you blow your account out in real life :D

continue please...

#26     Aug 15, 2008
  7. Dropping?? LOL

You dont even understand what profit / loss means mate?? :D:D LOL

Instead of trying to critise my trading profits why don't you instead post your own trading p/l on here ach day so we can all see exactly how well you do, and you can then focus on trying to learn how to trade yourself!! LOL :D:D

#27     Aug 15, 2008
  8. Spanish89,

Instead of trading with a bucketshop with an insane spread , you have now enough money to trade the big CL contract with an average spread of about 2 cents only or the mini QM with a spread of about 3 cents.

Do you know how much money you are leaving on the table ?!

#28     Aug 15, 2008
  9. Aloha, ive thought about using a broker instead, since it is alot paying 12ticks each trade..

But im not sure if id like the layout of their platforms as much as i like my current 1, tradindex, which i seriously just love the layout and speed that i can just enter and exit from trades.

Il check out a few though.
    But im only doing £1 - £3 tick though, and happy to stay at that level till i get to about £10,000 atleast capital.

#29     Aug 15, 2008
  10. :)

#30     Aug 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.